Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

Guest bairnbabe
What I meant was why would you do something abroad that you don't do at home. At home you know the neighbourhood you live in, what the people are generally like etc etc.

I believe that these parents at home wouldn't go round to a neighbours house for a meal/drink and leave the kids in the house on their own, so why have they done it abroad? That is the point I cannot get my head around. :blink:

Exactly Footiechick. 100% agree. The 2 of them should have more common sense, the father is a consultant and the mother, im sure is a doctor also.

Guest bairnbabe

Todays news is saying that the police are looking at possible paedophiles who have links with the Algarve.

I have a really bad feeling about this.

Guest Tomsk The Beano
I think the mom is hot :ph34r:

So do I.

Anyway no matter what the outcome is the parents should be prosecuted, if that happened in the Uk the LAW would be down on them like a ton of bricks.

Maybe but the chances of somebody taking the risk while the parents are in the same place is much less remote than if the kids were left alone. It's like a green light for any would be Abductor to strike.

Leaving them alone is a open invitation to somebody to go and snatch them.

It still needs someone to go and snatch them. As i said before, to think that this will not happen ever if no kid is left alone is incredibly naive. It certainly made it easier for the abductor to strike, but the likelihood is they would have still done it.

I have a really bad feeling about this.

Not exactly going out on a limb there are you? ;)

I agree with the point earlier. If this had been two scumbag junkies from Easterhoose the papers would have flayed them alive. The parents are getting a very easy ride due to their occupations and "class".

However, in this particular instance you've surpassed yourself, not content with passing judgement over two parents who are possibly going through THE most traumatic experience in their lives - you strive new boundaries and stretch towards Sam. In all, you've managed to undermine the issue of real importance - finding the little girl. Touche.

How is anything that anyone posts here going to even come close to possibly "undermining" the work of the Portuguese police and other detectives?

It really hacks me off how having a discussion about something magically equates to undermining, or not helping. Short of actually flying over there, learning Portuguese and conducting our own investigation, what exactly should any of us be doing right now?

Cue the allegations of point-scoring or whatever... :rolleyes:

It still needs someone to go and snatch them. As i said before, to think that this will not happen ever if no kid is left alone is incredibly naive. It certainly made it easier for the abductor to strike, but the likelihood is they would have still done it.

So you think this would have happened even if they had been in the room? :unsure:

People like this look for a window of opportunity, I very much doubt this would have happened if they hadnt left them alone.

Guest bairnbabe
Not exactly going out on a limb there are you? ;)

I agree with the point earlier. If this had been two scumbag junkies from Easterhoose the papers would have flayed them alive. The parents are getting a very easy ride due to their occupations and "class".

Meaning? :huh:

It wouldn't happen in my house, since the wee man came along i've turned into the lightest sleeper in I was told by my mother-in-law that they turned down a babysitting service offered by the hotel too, now as i said my mother-in-law told me this, but if it's true(i have no reason to disbelieve her) then it really is abandonment like i said earlier

That is true.

I haven't read through the whole thread but I have my own, rather strong opinion of this. I would NEVER leave my boys whilst I went out for something to eat. Whether in this country or abroad. It is, in my eyes, neglect. I would never wish what has happened to the wee girl, on her parents, on anyone but I feel myself sitting in judgement when I watch the news. I am not a perfect parent by any means but I have the basic common sense and knowledge of the world today, to know that under no circumstances would I do what they have done. The parents in my eyes are responsible for what has happened to Maddie and they should be nailed by the authorities for the situation that their neglect has caused.

So you think this would have happened even if they had been in the room? :unsure:

People like this look for a window of opportunity, I very much doubt this would have happened if they hadnt left them alone.

So you are back to them sleeping in the same room, and basically chaining them to you. Yes people like this look for a window of opportunity, but that could be when everyone is sound asleep, or when everyone is playing around the pool and the parents take their eyes off the kids for a second, or when the parents are in a shop and looking at a jumper they want to buy.

Edited by bluetooner

Similarly, I could walk outside, run for ten minutes towards the main road, and dive out in front of a bus and probably die.

Instead I'll minimise my risk by walking on the pavement and not diving in front of buses, instead crossing at quiet junctions or traffic lights. Sure, the bus could lose control and hit me and I'll die, but most would agree that I did everything I could to be safe whilst out and about, which would not be the case in the first instance.

It's minimising the risk, not ruling out the possibility altogether.

Edit: And just in case anyone's seething with rage reading this, I'm not trying to equate the parents' conduct with something as reckless as this, nor demonise them. I maintain that it was the wrong thing for them to do, but somehow I think they already know that.

Edited by Swampy

Similarly, I could walk outside, run for ten minutes towards the main road, and dive out in front of a bus and probably die.

Instead I'll minimise my risk by walking on the pavement and not diving in front of buses, instead crossing at quiet junctions or traffic lights. Sure, the bus could lose control and hit me and I'll die, but most would agree that I did everything I could to be safe whilst out and about, which would not be the case in the first instance.

It's minimising the risk, not ruling out the possibility altogether.

Im not saying it isnt minimising the risk. Steven is suggesting that it will stop it altogether if they had stayed with the kids.

possibly not the best choice of phrase there Steven :unsure:

Im not saying it isnt minimising the risk. Steven is suggesting that it will stop it altogether if they had stayed with the kids.

Well, in this particular instance, if the parents were sitting next to their children as they slept, I don't think for one minute it would have happened.

However, that just goes back to the earlier point about being chained to your kid 24/7. It's unrealistic to expect that this will ever be the case. Ergo I would not expect the parent to be right next to their children in the same room, 24/7.

Same building? Yes, unless they are in the care of another adult.

Edited by Swampy

That is true.

I haven't read through the whole thread but I have my own, rather strong opinion of this. I would NEVER leave my boys whilst I went out for something to eat. Whether in this country or abroad. It is, in my eyes, neglect. I would never wish what has happened to the wee girl, on her parents, on anyone but I feel myself sitting in judgement when I watch the news. I am not a perfect parent by any means but I have the basic common sense and knowledge of the world today, to know that under no circumstances would I do what they have done. The parents in my eyes are responsible for what has happened to Maddie and they should be nailed by the authorities for the situation that their neglect has caused.

You don't think the fact their child might be dead is enough of a punishment?

You don't think they will be feeling worse than any of us can imagine right now? Whoever took Madeline is responsible for it, let's not forget that.

Yes they made a mistake but in this instance is the punishment (possibly the loss of their daughter) does that fit the crime?

I never for one minute suggested that it wont happen but the likelyhood of it happening is much less.

You leave your house and lock the door the likelyhood is somebody "might" rob you but if you leave the door wide open then don't be surprised to come home to a empty house.

So you are back to them sleeping in the same room, and basically chaining them to you. Yes people like this look for a window of opportunity, but that could be when everyone is sound asleep, or when everyone is playing around the pool and the parents take their eyes off the kids for a second, or when the parents are in a shop and looking at a jumper they want to buy.

But in those situations, the parents have not done anything that would have put their children in danger. Therefor, no blame could be apportioned, it would be a horrible case of sh*t happens. However, in this instance, the parents have neglected the basic care of their babies by going out for a bite to eat.