Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

I used to walk home from school myself when I was five.

My parents must have been rubbish.

I like how all these smart arsed fuckers are basically recycling the same old shite. All these "hilarious" examples are worlds apart from leaving 3 kids under the age of 5 in an unlocked hotel room while you eat and drink with your mates in a tapas bar out of sight and earshot of said hotel room.

Incidentally, if you walked home from school when you were 5, and you lived more than 5 seconds from the school, shame on your parents.

:thumbsdown

I like how all these smart arsed fuckers are basically recycling the same old shite. All these "hilarious" examples are worlds apart from leaving 3 kids under the age of 5 in an unlocked hotel room while you eat and drink with your mates in a tapas bar out of sight and earshot of said hotel room.

Incidentally, if you walked home from school when you were 5, and you lived more than 5 seconds from the school, shame on your parents.

:thumbsdown

I'm not sticking up for the mcann's, going out on the piss and leaving the kids alone in bed is bad parenting.

It's just funny how things have changed regarding watching kids. I lived around a kilometre from primary school and walking home didn't seem that big a deal, I crossed one not very busy road with a lollipop lady and one quiet road myself.

At what age is it ok to leave kids unsupervised now?

The McCann's charity work with organisations such as the NSPCC to raise awareness of the dangers of leaving children alone and unattended has been notable by it's absence.

I enjoyed the time Gerry met with a legislator in the United States to discuss child protection laws. Until that point they'd somehow forgotten to make child abduction illegal, so it was good of Gerry to give up his time like that.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/jul/23/usa.ukcrime

Edited by Swampy

I was presuming the collective intelligence of P&B would have reached this conclusion, ma man.

:)

I would agree with you. But them you see some of them and their posting standards. And you just pray for their wife/carer :(

How did the abducter get in if the doors were locked?

IIRC the McCanns claim they left the patio doors open.

They eventually settled on this after originally claiming forced entry. One of their friends stated to the police he had checked on the kids by entering through the open patio doors, while Kate McCann's statement said he stood outside and looked through the windows as the doors were locked. McCann later changed her mind and agreed with her friend. Why lie? More pertinent is Kate's claim the 'abductor' took the child out the window, through the shutters, as they were both 'wide open' when she got into the room. This has been proven to be complete lies - the window was four feet in the air, only one set of fingerprints/fibres etc were found on them (Kate McCann's), all four people who have given witness statement having passed the apartment did not mention the open windows, and the windows were shut when the police arrived. Why on earth would you lie about that if your child has been abducted?

Combined with everything else - Jane Tanner's lies, the dogs smelling 'death' and Madeleine's blood in the apartment, the DNA found in their hire car being enough to be certain in the UK but not Portugal, the Irish family's sighting being roundly ignored by the McCanns and their investigators while Tanner's was used as a stick to beat the police with... yeah. Madeleine McCann was almost certainly not taken alive and well at random from the apartment by an abductor.

Edited by Paco

They eventually settled on this after originally claiming forced entry. One of their friends stated to the police he had checked on the kids by entering through the open patio doors, while Kate McCann's statement said he stood outside and looked through the windows as the doors were locked. McCann later changed her mind and agreed with her friend. Why lie? More pertinent is Kate's claim the 'abductor' took the child out the window, through the shutters, as they were both 'wide open' when she got into the room. This has been proven to be complete lies - the window was four feet in the air, only one set of fingerprints/fibres etc were found on them (Kate McCann's), all four people who have given witness statement having passed the apartment did not mention the open windows, and the windows were shut when the police arrived. Why on earth would you lie about that if your child has been abducted?

Combined with everything else - Jane Tanner's lies, the dogs smelling 'death' and Madeleine's blood in the apartment, the DNA found in their hire car being enough to be certain in the UK but not Portugal, the Irish family's sighting being roundly ignored by the McCanns and their investigators while Tanner's was used as a stick to beat the police with... yeah. Madeleine McCann was almost certainly not taken alive and well at random from the apartment by an abductor.

You can argue this forever and a day but the thing that can never convince me that they didi it was that they were at the tapas bar not acting suspiciously in the slightest then wen tho being frantic and distraught within minutes and not enough time to hide the body and come up with a cover story. It just doesn't add up.

Also the Macanns are doctors so if she died by accident they would probably try and resuscitate her for hours rather than just going "oh f**k she's dead lets hide her then blame it on an abductor" It can't make sense unless the pair of them are actual sadists

I enjoyed the time Gerry met with a legislator in the United States to discuss child protection laws. Until that point they'd somehow forgotten to make child abduction illegal, so it was good of Gerry to give up his time like that.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/jul/23/usa.ukcrime

Laughable.

If as Gerry wanted "all EU laws were the same", this would have increased the likelihood of them being prosecuted for neglect, at the very least.

You can argue this forever and a day but the thing that can never convince me that they didi it was that they were at the tapas bar not acting suspiciously in the slightest then wen tho being frantic and distraught within minutes and not enough time to hide the body and come up with a cover story. It just doesn't add up.

Also the Macanns are doctors so if she died by accident they would probably try and resuscitate her for hours rather than just going "oh f**k she's dead lets hide her then blame it on an abductor" It can't make sense unless the pair of them are actual sadists

Neither the McCanns story nor the initial line of thought from the PJ "makes sense", that's what makes this case, although harrowing, quite interesting and unusual. There's massive holes in both parties presentation of events.

Although the McCanns could have helped clear things up if they'd fully cooperated with the PJ, and along with the Tapas 9, agreed to return to Portugal for a full reconstruction.

For what it's worth I mostly agree. There's every chance they let one or two friends in on it, there just seems to be so much to suggest all is not as it's presented - even down to a local priest stating he was "seriously disturbed" at their confession visit, leaving the twins in the same holiday resort as their other kid has been abducted to go on a jaunt to see the Pope, etc.

I don't think we'll ever know for certain, but as amatuer psychology and detective work goes they seem like lying b*****ds. Interestingly the chief investigator felt the same before he was stripped from the case, the McCann's were brought back to Britain and all questions from then on needed to be pre-submitted to the McCanns through lawyers. Strange behaviour for the official chief suspects.