Come On Nairn..

Ric

C'mon the Fort William! They are the worst team in the Highland league, every week they always get thumped. :D Maybe the Shire would give them a run for their money....

Rothes are my HL side now. Used to stay there between 83 and 86 probably the 1st games my dad took me to.

Back then, they never gave out the tea or pies in plastic cups or napkins, you always got proper china! A touch of class.

During the winter games we'd watch the games from the Still House at Caperdonich Distillery.

ICT Chris - what part of the great Caley/Jags devide do you hail from?

My guess is Caley. Right?

A bit before my time, cityrobert - I was 13 when the merger happened, but I went to watch Caley occasionally.

I go and watch Clach when I can't get to the ICT game, or we are playing on Sunday, game cancelled etc - they are a good side and a great wee club. It's fantastic for Inverness football that they have won the Highland League.

A bit before my time, cityrobert - I was 13 when the merger happened, but I went to watch Caley occasionally.

I go and watch Clach when I can't get to the ICT game, or we are playing on Sunday, game cancelled etc - they are a good side and a great wee club. It's fantastic for Inverness football that they have won the Highland League.

Knew you were Caley! Do any former Jags fans still follow their team since the so called "amalgimation" or do they still head up to dingwall?

It's not often you get me agreeing with a Caley fan but, it's great for north football that Clach won the HL instead of an Aberdeenshire side again. It just goes to show how the power has shifted since Caley, the Jags, County and us left the league. Correct me if I'm wrong, but were Elgin not the last north side to win the highland league in 92/93?

I remember my old man arguing with a Huntly fan as we left Christie Park round about 1998 and they were in for their 4th league on the trot or something. The boy was taking the piss out of us because the mighty City were in free fall and Huntly were on the up.

My dad's response to his jibes was something like "You wouldna have f'in won any f'in titles if f'in Caley, f'in Thistle and f'in County were still in the f'in Highland league" The guy had no response. Qualtity.

Don't forget, Clach won the HL with a side of last seasons Elgin rejects. Daisy, Sanderson, Biscuits, Jordan MacDonald. We'd have loved Dave McKay to stay this season, and Polly for the 1st couple of seasons in the SFL.

Used to love going down the Ferry for the Clach games. Brilliant craic down there. Do residents still keep horses in their garden/shed/garage/living room? Once seen, never forgotten.

Guest Bhoy Wonder

Forget Clachnacuddin, the team to watch is Huntly.

Huntly 3 Clachnacuddin 1

One in a row, its gonna be one in a row.

It was the Clach reserves who played at Huntly. And they all had hangovers too after the league win :lol:

Well done to Clach on yesterdays Highland League Cup success, the double has been secured!

Grant Street is a great wee ground and the Lillies fans are a very vocal support, I go there whenever I cant get down to the Alloa games.

Bit harsh to say Clach won the league with Elgin rejects, ok a few boys came from Elgin but the whole team has done well. You have to say Elgin might have done better had they kept these guys :lol:

"Tie up your boats and go - we're top of the league and youre no" (Clach fans to Fraserburgh fans at recent Highland League Cup semi-final)

I think you`ll find that the players that left Elgin rejected the deals Elgin offered to take up football again closer to their base. Dave McKay is easily SFL standard but turned down to play his football nearer home.

I think you`ll find that the players that left Elgin rejected the deals Elgin offered to take up football again closer to their base. Dave McKay is easily SFL standard but turned down to play his football nearer home.

Or get away from Alec Bone! :lol:

Alex Bone is tipped for Grant Street next season. :o

Clach have an excellent back line and the whole team work hard. Unsung guys like Andy Lewis, Sandy MacDonald, Neil MacCuish and Polworth really deserved to win their title.

Archived