Most Goals You've Seen Your Team Score/concede In 1 Game

Guest Matty_True_Dee
PAHP!

Aw let them have this one CC. It was their finest hour after all.

Go St Johnstone!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most Accies have scored in the years I've followed them is 9, twice, and I missed both games. The most I've seen us score is 6, in our 6-1 win over Morton in the second division three seasons ago.

The most we've conceded in the same period is 8, twice, and I was at both games - 8-3 away to Celtic, then two years later, 8-0 at home to Celtic. Our next heaviest defeat was 7-2 to Celtic away, in the same era, and I managed to be at that one too. :(

Guest Captain St. Sensible
I remember when we put 5 past St Mirren twice in 3 years. 5-1 at Love Street (Wright, Arkins, Curran (2), OG) and 5-1 at McDiarmid (Cherry, Preston, O'Boyle, OG (2)).

I also remember us scudding you 4-0 at McDiarmid (Sekerlioglu 2, Grant, Ferguson).

I think St. Johnstone had something like a 40 year run of undefeated games at Love Street from the 60s through to late 90s.......

Even when we were a top Premier side, we failed to beat you in the season when you lot were relegated at the start of your successive relegations. We also failed to beat you at Love Street when we won the First Division in 76/77 when St. Johnstone were also gash. It wasn't until a Tommy Turner goal in 98 I think it was when St. Johnstone won the league that we managed to beat St. Johnstone at LOve Street.

Not quite on topic but in the three Scotland away games I have been to I have seen us concede 12 goals. :(

Think someone is trying to tell you something there big man ;)

The word 'Jonah' springs to mind B)

However iv been on about a dozen Clyde away games and iv only seen 3 wins and 2 draws :ph34r:

Not quite on topic but in the three Scotland away games I have been to I have seen us concede 12 goals. :(

Equally off-topic, but I don't really go to Scotland games. I have only ever been to three, spanning nearly three decades, and I've yet to see us score.

I guess GypsyWilbur will have me down as a Jonah as well ...

Guest Flash

As well as the Livi 7-0 Cup game (which included the most spectacular og I've ever seen - a 25 yarder from one of our duffers) I saw Airdrie beat us 7-1 at home in 1976 - the Saturday after we lost 1-0 at Ibrox in a mid-week League Cup game.

I also saw us beat Forfar 7-0 in a home league game in 1974.

As well as the Livi 7-0 Cup game (which included the most spectacular og I've ever seen - a 25 yarder from one of our duffers)

Alan Kerr. ;)

Though it was nowhere near that far out. It did feature on Soccer Am the following week though! :lol: Kerr was a quite simply awful footballer. Symptomatic of the worst Queens side seen this century.

Worst own goal I've ever seen was Andy Aitken in a pre-season friendly at Southport when he turned round from the left touchline and hammered the ball back to where he expected the keeper to be. Needless to say he wasn't. :lol: Must have been at least 30 yards out from goal. Can't recall the keeper. It was the day after Andy Goram signed for us but he didn't travel to Southport due to prior commitments. We had a goalie on trial who had been at Berwick. Forget his name but it was him.

EDIT - Just looked it up, it was Neil Bennett

Guest Flash
Alan Kerr. ;)

Though it was nowhere near that far out. It did feature on Soccer Am the following week though! :lol: Kerr was a quite simply awful footballer. Symptomatic of the worst Queens side seen this century.

Don't you mean last century? Then again, surely you didn't see them all? :blink: There haven't been all that many this century.

Wasn't Kerr's og from outside the box though? so maybe not that far short of 25 yards?

I think St. Johnstone had something like a 40 year run of undefeated games at Love Street from the 60s through to late 90s.......

Even when we were a top Premier side, we failed to beat you in the season when you lot were relegated at the start of your successive relegations. We also failed to beat you at Love Street when we won the First Division in 76/77 when St. Johnstone were also gash. It wasn't until a Tommy Turner goal in 98 I think it was when St. Johnstone won the league that we managed to beat St. Johnstone at LOve Street.

Not forgetting when Second Division St Johnstone knocked the Scottish Cup holders out of the Skol Cup on their own patch!

It would 1997 the 2-1 game at Love Street, I think Keiran McAnespie scored for us in his first start. I must have been playing football that day because I wasn't at the game. Only game we lost between October and the end of the season.

Your record at McDiarmid up until that game when Brian McGinty scored a hat-trick was terrible as well. You won on your first visit to the ground (Torfason goal in November 1990), but then not again until April 2004!

What a diddy club!

Think someone is trying to tell you something there big man ;)

The word 'Jonah' springs to mind B)

And don't hold out much hope of Scotland getting anything from the game against France in Paris in September. For me that'll be away game number four. :ph34r:

Don't you mean last century? Then again, surely you didn't see them all? :blink: There haven't been all that many this century.

Wasn't Kerr's og from outside the box though? so maybe not that far short of 25 yards?

:ph34r: Ooops.

I was thinking that game was in January 2001 but it wasn't. It was a year earlier and, thus, in last century.

Ok, the worst Queens side for at least a decade then. :lol:

I don't recall the Kerr goal as being all that far out. I may be wrong though. The official site report describes it as "a lovely little left foot curler by Alan Kerr into the back of his own net" which certainly implies it wasn't exactly a six yard tap in. I do recall Lovejoy and co on Soccer AM chortling about it certainly.

Sadly I witnessed the record club drubbing 7-1 against Hibs in our last season of our first spell in the SPL. Having said that I couldn't blame the keeper too much without McKenzie it could easily have been double figures.

It was 7-0.

We couldn't have scored in a barrel of fannies that night.

Guest Demon Drawer
It was 7-0.

We couldn't have scored in a barrel of fannies that night.

Darn there's goes my defence mechanism for that night. :(

Plus I should really not attempt to touch type the number pad. ;)

Saw us score 14 in a pre season tournament in Arran against a local select a couple of years ago and an 11-1 win in a Renfrewshire Cup semi final possibly the same year but in a game that actually counts for something it was the Forfar game last season.

As for losing goals it was the Coca Cola Cup game v Aberdeen, 7-3 aet. We didn't really deserve that much of a doing with the way the game went so honourable mentions for horror stories have to be the 6-0 defeat by Ayr in 2001 and 6-1 at New Douglas Park in 2004. Horrible day.

Most scored

Morton 9-1 Forfar

Prior to last season it was the 7-1 cup win at Cove.

Most conceded

Morton 1-7 Dundee (and we scored first)

Morton 3-7 Aberdeen (aet)

Morton 0-6 Ayr

Thankfully I did not witness the 1-7 defeat at home to Clydebank. :o

Most goals in a game

QoS 6-5 Morton

Archived