Top Five Fictional Characters

Savage Henry

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

del and rodney- gonna count them as one

blackadder- although more or less every character was brilliantly played by superb actors

dr house- on his day probably the best character on tv in the last ten years, superbly played by laurie

joker ( dark knight) - superbly acted by ledger, genuinley believe had ledger not died , the joker would have been in dark knight rises in some way.

sherlock - the new series , i cant remember the guys name but it is such a brilliant series and acted superbly.

special mention to steve macdonald from corrie :lol:

No he wouldn't. Chris Nolan isn't fucking stupid.

Nolan always maintained that The Joker would never have appeared in the final film. It's arguably 'stupid' because the novelisation apparently mentions that The Joker wasn't in Blackgate Prison, so he can't be released by Bane.

My top five from film/TV:

Daniel Planview

Omar Little

FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper

Russell "Stringer" Bell

Bob Harris

Nolan always maintained that The Joker would never have appeared in the final film. It's arguably 'stupid' because the novelisation apparently mentions that The Joker wasn't in Blackgate Prison, so he can't be released by Bane.

My top five from film/TV:

Daniel Planview

Omar Little

Russell "Stringer" Bell

Bob Harris

fair enough but with the success of the joker from the dark knight and a healthy/alive ledger you cant deny he may have been tempted.

Daniel Planview

Omar Little

Russell "Stringer" Bell

Bob Harris

I never realised that former "whispering" BBC prog-rock mainman, and now the voice of "new country" on Radio 2 was actually a fictional character. I could have sworn he was in fact real.

:huh:

• 5 weeks later...

In no particular order...

1 - Quint from Jaws - Salty old seadog with a good line in storytelling..

2 - Sherlock Holmes (from the original books) - Smartarse, coke dabbling VL with a nice line in dry humour..

3 - Darth Vader - Badass galactic enforcer with a hitherto undiscovered heart of gold

4 - David Wooderson from Dazed And Confused - "Alrite alrite alriiiite, L-I-V-I-N!" etc etc, plus had the coolest car ever, Melba Toast

5 - Alan Partridge - Norwich's favourite son

1. Cartman, Someboy.

2. Chuckie (Child's Play), Takes no prisoners, gamest wee c**t in the world.

3. Sherlock Holmes, coolest mutha fucka ever, loves opium and knows everything about everything.

4. The man with no name aka Blondie (Clint Eastwood- The Good The Bad And The Ugly) Smoothest cowboy in the west without a doubt.

5. God.

1. Han Solo - Star Wars' all-round top dude

2. Del Boy - Only Fools and Horses' wheeler-dealer

3. The Judge - Cormac McCarthy's nightmare-inducing super-villain

4. Omar - The Wire's biggest bad-ass

5. Saul Goodman - Breaking Bad ... Better Call Saul!

4. Omar - The Wire's biggest bad-ass

Omar is a great character and the guy who plays him (Michael K. Williams) does well to look like an evil sleazy looking fecker. Bubbles is a great character too though, the whole series has well written characters on the whole, there were a few cliche's but over all it was well done. Special mention to Bunk, he looks like a good lad to go on the lash with.

Omar is a great character and the guy who plays him (Michael K. Williams) does well to look like an evil sleazy looking fecker. Bubbles is a great character too though, the whole series has well written characters on the whole, there were a few cliche's but over all it was well done. Special mention to Bunk, he looks like a good lad to go on the lash with.

Aye, it would be possible to have a Top 5 The Wire character threads.

Bubbles was probably my next favourite in The Wire. Slim Charles and Snoop, too, were brilliant.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived