Ingerland, Ingerland, Ingerland

The daily retard asks: How do you hope england get on?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm new to this board so I don't known if this will be answered much. I presume most folk hit the "view new messages" button, in which case they'll see this but if they stick to their own division formums maybe they won't see it.

As it is the first new post I've made on here I'd just like to proclaim my support for all things non-spl. If you guys want to protest there will be qalot of us joining in.

Any way here is my post:

Well the retard has spoken and apparently we're all cheering on england. Post your anti-english stuff or your anti-anti-english stuff if you want but respond to the poll honestly, because I can't believe these results:

According to the daily retard:

:

"SCOTS TO CHEER ON ENGLAND

six out of 10 scots will be supporting england....

1/4 of scots want to see David Beckham lift the trophy, while 10% want them to reach the final and a further 24% want them to play well."

Another table from the same report:

:

How do you hope england get on?

Win it: 25%

Reach semi/final: 10%

Play well: 24%

Get beaten in the group stage: 10%

Get beaten in every game: 20%

Don't care: 11% 

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH FOLK, OR IS IT JUST THE FOLK THAT THE RETARD SPEAK TO?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To bo fair Comeonthelads, you shouldn't have voted.

The Record reckoned they're poll showde that Scots will support England at Euro 2004. This poll is going to be more accurate as it's aimed at real Scottish football fans.

Out of those options, I voted for them to lose every game. And whatever c**t in the recored said they showed that Scotland is maturing and losing the chip on their shoulder because they support England, can f**k off.

It's nothing to do with maturity, I just want them to lose.

i take it the daily record went on to Follow Follow, and asked them because I remember no such poll taking place in the paper allowing people to say who they would support,

I for one want to see them get beat,

I really don't care about England. I hate the fact that if we want to watch Euro 2004, we are forced to watch England's coverage. Therefore, we get to hear about England all the time, even when they aren't playing. The sooner they go out, the less likely they are to be mentioned and then we can all enjoy watching the football without the biased commentary. It would be the same if Ireland were in the tournament and we got their coverage.

I don't understand why we should support England. I have no connection at all to England. I have as much of a connection to France so should I also be supporting them? Teams close to each other generally have a rivalry and their fans want the other to lose. Nobody makes a fuss when Rangers want Celtic to lose or Hibs want Hearts to lose so why is there a big fuss when Scottish people want England to lose?

I don't give a flying fish. People who hate England need to grow up.

David, it's rivalry. I want England to lose just like a Clyde fan wishes Thisthe to lose.

I don't hate them though, just the arrogant commentators. e.g.

Garth Crooks last week on Football Focus said 'lets just sit back and wait for them to hand us the trophy'

Needless to say round about that time, my foot connected with the television :lol:

Garth Crooks is a p***k, as is nearly all the London based media. The way they go on about their beloved Spurs, West Ham and Palace is pathetic. Thats said, you expect a bias commentary. I wouldnt want them to be talking about other teams in the tournament as much as England, because believe it or not, most people watching the BBC coverage.....are English.

And the poll on here will be at the other end of the spectrum to the record one. Being loyal football fans, it is expected that a larger % of people will be jelous of England, rather than Scotland as a whole, who maybees just dont really care that much.

I don't care. They're not Scotland so whether they win or lose is of no relevance to me.

I'd agree fully with you there Radford, only we have to put up with the media if they win the bloody thing!

If they had an entirely seperate media output from ourselves - as any other country in the Championships do - then I could not care less. But because we get much the same stuff, I voted Lose All Games.

I'd agree fully with you there Radford, only we have to put up with the media if they win the bloody thing!

Aint that the truth.

Personally I enjoy watching England play, probably because you know all their players and can identify their strengthes and weaknesses a lot easier than say, Spain.

But it's the whole media thing that swings it round for me.

That Barclaycard advert (I think its only on Sky I admit) with Bobby Charlton does my head in. What so I care about England United and the flag of another country.

Slightly off topic, but how many of you watched the Tim Henman semi the other day. The whole of England was they kept telling us. And didnt he do England proud.

Those are the type of things that piss me off.

I do not hate England, but boy do I hate the English media.

And it's them I want to with tortured brows blaming evryone and anyone except themselves, therefore I want to see the English football team fall flat on their face. :)

I hope they get pumped in every single game. Is it childish? Probably. Is it petty? Likely.... but i would love it, love it if they lost every game by four or five goals.

I lived in England for 12 years -

from Mexico 86 to Euro 96 I endured game after game of "who will we get in the next round" "shades of 66" and all that pish , friends of mine turned into those cocks you see on tv screeming Ing-ger-lund at big screens in pubs , the occasional joy of a semi-final penalty shoot out would be overshadowed by the mass brawl in the pub car park after the game .

I reckon England will win the tournament , I'll watch it at home with the phone off the hook .

Guest Saint Geezer

I've grown up watching English club football aswell as scottish football and i support an Engligh club side who have a few players in the england squad, i always want England to win aswell as Wales, N Ireland, and R Ireland apart from when they play Scotland.

Come on England.

Guest James the bairn

I voted for England to get beat in every match simply because i can't stand the gloating and boasting from the English Press, Commentators etc etc. Nearly forty years on and they are still clinging on to '66. I mean i know if SCotland won something big we would go on about it but its the arrogant way that England do it. No matter what happens, In English eyes, even if they get beat in every game, they will still be the worlds greatest team!

IMO 2 words sum Englands chances up . . . . AYE RIGHT!

Yes BerwickMad, we want England to lose because we are all jealous.

And you wanted East Fife to be relegated because you are jealous of us!

Anything else would just be racist and/or childish.

Yes BerwickMad, we want England to lose because we are all jealous.

And you wanted East Fife to be relegated because you are jealous of us!

Anything else would just be racist and/or childish.

:lol::lol::lol: Your right Gordan. I am so jealous of East Fifes brilliant new strips, their legobrick ground, their brilliant team, the fact that they are Fifers and your fantastic 3rd Division status :lol::lol::lol:

Exactly BerrickMad, thanks for proving my point.

I'm not jealous of England and neither are any of the other Scots who want to see them lose all their games. I wanted them to lose all their games at World Cup 98, and Scotland were there.

If England win, like someone has said already, we have to hear English commentators spouting all their pish and listen to all the rubbish (from our point of view) that goes with it. Because we have to watch English broadcasts.

That added to the fact that we are local rivals (in international terms), I would rather England lost than won.

Archived