ITV Or The BBC

Guest Annfield Red

ITV or the BBC  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Annfield Red

IMO the BBC is by far the best for coverage. Settled down to watch the England game last night and just before kick-off they goto bloody ads. :angry::angry:

I like the build up to the games and the half time moan about the game. Also as well on ITV there was hardly any post match talk, but then again they were all in tears. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And beckham must score................................ :bairn:bairn:bairn

Townsend? I can't stand the guy. When it comes down to watching either the BBC or ITV (when fixtures clash for example) I tend to go for the side which has the fewer people who I loathe. On the BBC, John Motson Mick McCarthy, Martin O'Neill (who seems to have been dropped), Ian Wright and Peter Reid all do my head in, but Hansen, Strachan, Lawrenceson and Gary Lineker are all excellent.

On ITV, Townsend, Earle, Southgate, Logan and Tyldsley really irritate me, but by far the best analysts on either side are Bobby Robson, Terry Vennables and the much missed Ron Atkinson. Ally McCoist is good too.

This tournament, the BBC just about shades it, I think, but in 2002 ITV won by a mile.

Guest SurreySaint

Two additional comments to the above...

OK, ITV have the adverts but most of the adverts especially last night are top of the range ! It is getting like the Super Bowl where the adverts become just as a big deal as the game.

Why was there no "neutral punter" last night ! All four were English ! This is bound to lead to the biased "we wiz robbed" viewpoints. Why no McCoist type character. Secondly, Why no French representative. We could have had the otherside of the coin from someone like, Wenger, Houllier, Platini or even better Cantona ????

Arrogant ons dided dicks ! I for one are glad they got humped.

And the English G/F is not speaking to me for jumping up and down at missed penalty and both the French goals. Nae nooky for me a while :(

BBC simply for the fact that they have gotten Strachan on board. Priceless comments at times and he can help nail Hansen down during the Engerland games. Was the only one aware of the Croatia v Switzerland first half during the break.

AT

Clive Tildsley's comment at kick-off of "If England can beat France then they can beat anybody" had the entire pub swearing at the telly.

At 1-0 in the 2nd half they were talking about winning the damn tournament.

AT

BBC is by far the best although Ian Wright is a fanny. Venables should be selling watches from a long overcoat. Townsend seems to have forgotten that he played for the Irish. As for Des Lynam what the fcuk does he know about football.

Football comentators should be like refs and from a neutral country. Archie McPherson doing an England match.............fantastic :lol:

I can't stand the pundits. I always mute them at half time or in the pre-match build up especially if England are playing. ITV have the ads to annoy you but BBC have more air time for the pundits to waffle on, so it's a boring no score draw. :lol:

does anyone else enjoy watching games on BBC Interactive with just the Crowd Noise selected :unsure:

I watched the first three games like that - without the constant stats or poor calls and particularly the references to England (1966 n' that) I think you get a better feel for the atmosphere as well -

Then it was ITV last night and I found myself ready to chuck the remote at the telly such was the extent of the commentators constant stream of pish .

Much prefer the BBC coverage, though didn't think much of the highlights programme last night with Ian Wright and Jamie Redknapp. What I like is balanced views and something with a bit of humour, which the BBC always comes out top.

BBC for me.

I for one like Motty & Barry Davies. :D

ITVs Clive Tylsley, must be one of worst, last night takes the biscuit, he is the official England Propaganda Arse. :angry:

BBC by a mile, although Ian Wright is an arsehole (and I hate to say that as Palace are my English team). You might as well have a random England supporter. ITV are about to show Italy vs. Denmark and they are talking about England. Remember, it was ITV which took off live coverage of a World Cup game so that they could talk about England for an extra hour.

Is it just my Telly or does the pictures on the ITV games look wierd ?

Last night during the England-France game vertain camera angles seemed to give like a pixelated (is that a word, even if it was spelt correctly) area around each player, as well as the picture being jumpy.

The BBC's didn't seem to have it in their games..

And the Adverts do my head in !!

So I think the BBC are miles ahead this time

Is it just my Telly or does the pictures on the ITV games look wierd ?

Last night during the England-France game vertain camera angles seemed to give like a pixelated (is that a word, even if it was spelt correctly) area around each player, as well as the picture being jumpy.

The BBC's didn't seem to have it in their games..

And the Adverts do my head in !!

So I think the BBC are miles ahead this time

We have the same problem and its doing it again tonight. Fecking crap channel

We have the same problem and its doing it again tonight. Fecking crap channel

Probably just a crap TV in your case :D

BBC is miles better. The pundits as a group are more relaxed, enjoy the banter and are slightly more even handed. ITV is to much in your face wall to wall England, mind you that does set them up for the inevitable fall when it happens :P

Only fly in the BBC ointment is without a doubt Ian Wright, strap him to the chair FFS Gary :lol:

BBC for me - far prefer them to the Eng-ur-luund brigade on ITV1.

Disgraceful stuff tonight again - Des Lynam on Ibrahmovic "wouldn't he be great along with Rooney?" Er, what? Can you not discuss the merits or otherwise of any player without referring to England? It's such poor journalism and is patronising. Then, even worse, when they showed Ibrahmovic's penalty "Oh that was a far worse penalty than Beckhams". What a baffling and bizarre comment. Again, can they not discuss a penalty kick without referring to England.

BBC do not have this tendancy imho. They tend ot have more neutrals, like Stachan. I seem to recall them bringing in the likes of Cruyff in previous tournaments as well.

Guest kirkcaldybanjo

Your better with eurosport as you dont get these fcukin pillars at each side of the screen.

Archived