Sweden 5, Yes 5!

Deco

What a 2nd half performance by Sweden! :o Larsson with 2 and a penalty and a nice wee chip to cap off a great performance. B) They will give Italy one helluva game now. :P

Guest Aye See Tee

Superb game. Nice to see a few goals at last. Larsson's first goal was brilliant, could have had a hat-trick if he was greedy. Sweden v Italy should be a good game now!

Sweden were solid and dangerous going forward. They kept on going about the quality of Bulgaria going forward but they didn't create much clear cut chances and were a complete joke at the back. Zlatan Ibrahimovic was different class for Sweden, and he knows it, after getting asked how good he thinks he could become he said "I'm already brilliant" :lol:

Zlatan for Player of the Tournament :D

Not so sure. Bulgaria were pretty hopless, and the goalkeeper was badly at fault for the penalty and the fifth goal. I think Sweden might struggle against teams with defenders, like Italy.

Sweden were magnificent, they looked really good - quick, strong, creative and with an excellent partnership up front in Larsson and Ibrahamovic.

Larsson's first goal was goal of the tournament so far, only Zidane's free kick came close.

Much more enjoyable game than some of the others so far and definatley the most entertaining game of the tournament.

Sweden will give Italy a real test now and I wouldn't be too suprised if in fact the Italians suffer a defeat and are the first 'big' nation to be heading home.

Sweden took their goals well, particularly Larsson.

Thought 5 was hard on Bulgaria, who looked more likely until they went behind. Hopelessly exposed on the break, though.

Italy were poor against Denmark. I can see them going home early......

AT

5 was extremly hard on Bulgaria. Like the commentators said, one minute they were on the verge of equalising, less than 90 seconds later they were 3 down! It's a funny old game football, but then I guess England will be well aware of that!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

5 was extremly hard on Bulgaria. Like the commentators said, one minute they were on the verge of equalising, less than 90 seconds later they were 3 down! It's a funny old game football, but then I guess England will be well aware of that!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

:lol::lol:

Agree though, if Henrik didn't score I think Bulgearea would have...

Guest Bhoys67

Larsson was magic as usual, his header was total class and his second also

brilliant. But Sweden played well as a whole team, if they that well against

the Italians it will make some game. Bulgaria were disappointing after a

good start, will be hard pressed to make it out the group now.

Guest Annfield Red

Sweden were really impressive last night. They certainly look like they could go far in the tourney.

Italy will certainly need to buckle down if they are to beat the Swedish. Anything less could well see them on the 1st flight home. :(

Best match of the tourney so far. Until the 2nd goal, Bulgaria were the better team, and Martin(?) Petrov was doing brilliantly on the left wing. First half was really open and only stupid defending cost Bulgaria. Larsson's two goals were typically excellent finishes. After that Bulgaria capitulated and Mike Riley gave a dodgy penalty (I've never heard that before :rolleyes: ). Sweden looked good up front but right back looked a problem for them.

Italy normally start a tournament pretty slowly but I was extremely disappointed by them against Denmark. They kept trying to play the long ball when it was obvious Denmark had the beating of them in the air. The Danes were far more organised and always managing to find space in midfield, something the Italians couldn't do. Totti seemed to be believing his own press too much and was very poor other than a couple of good touches. Having said all that, the 0-0 scoreline was mostly due to excellent goalkeeping. I'm supporting Italy but I think they will have to improve dramatically against Sweden, otherwise they'll be playing for 2nd place as usual.

I thought 5-0 was extremely harsh on Bulgaria but they simply wilted after the 3rd goal went in. Petrov seemed to lose interest and the rest of the team went with him. Two brilliant finishes from Larsson but it was the superb teamwork that made the goals. I'm surprised he didn't even ask to take the penalty, what with him being in the shop window and all. Bulgaria will have to seriously tighten up at the back as Sweden were ripping them apart towards the end and catching them on the break *so* often. They looked reasonably promising up front but the final ball was never there.

The Danes were far more organised and always managing to find space in midfield,

I thought 5-0 was extremely harsh on Bulgaria

Sweden were ripping them apart towards the end

I agree that the Danes had the better game and that Sweden were somewhat flattered by the 5-0 result, but it should make for a HELLUVA game when these two meet in what could be the Group decider ;)

I agree that the Danes had the better game and that Sweden were somewhat flattered by the 5-0 result, but it should make for a HELLUVA game when these two meet in what could be the Group decider ;)

Indeed. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this group now. Are Sweden amazing or are Bulgaria just really poor? Can Italy improve? Can Denmark find the cutting edge up front? So many things can happen!!

Archived