Greece Have Scored!

StewartyMac

Peter Drury....

"Theres a way of thinking that this is totally opening up for the hosts, but we'll talk about that later"

Huge conspiracy theory to get Portugal to win the Cup.

Obviously the Greeks didn't sign up for this party. :lol:

Incidentally, never mind the French potentially going out, the funniest thing about this game is listening to Pleat's attempts to pronounce Lizarazu, he's not even came close :lol::lol::lol:

Yep, good to see the big time charlies being cut down to size. Now hopefully the Dutch will be next for the chop and a diddy team will win the competition. Did you hear the comentator saying "the Greeks will be thinking England now" with about 10 minutes left? What a fud :lol:

The Greeks did well tonight but the French were simply awful. Even Scotland could've managed to give them a very decent run for their money tonight. I'm sorry to say this but I think Zidane's past his prime and I actually found it painful to watch him creeking about the park, miscontrolling the ball and misplacing passes that 2 years ago would've looked rediculously easy for him. The French team needs freshened up with some new faces and I was disappointed Rothen didn't get more of a chance for them as he is currently one of my favourite players.

Well done the Greeks, but the French should really take a long look at themselves.

France missed Vieira. They should have played Rothen in midfield, instead of Makelele, with Vieira, Zidane and Pires. That would've given them width and a shape in midfield. The way they were playing, was quite simply a shambles.

Can't agree with that I'm afraid. He wasn't great tonight but he light up the French matches in the group stages IMO. ;)

Apart from 2 (brilliant) kicks against England I didn't feel as though he had done much in their opener and although he picked up against Croatia he was nowhere near the Zidane of old. I missed the Switzerland game so I can't comment on that but he was nothing short of poor tonight.

On the subject of Greece, the number of teams you were putting money on something had to come through :P

Smart money would have to be Germany, Spain or Holland though. Very good prices

:P

Archived