Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

Adam, you getting in at QS mate? I'm meeting Jon down there and Mick will be with me. I'm asuming Scott will be there at 9 like he said aswell.

My phones goosed aswell so you'll have to give me the benifit of the doubt to be there, but when do I ever let you down? :wub:

Edited by ChrisyM92

Yep I'll be getting into Queen St. Will be in from around 8.40pm as the later train doesn't get me into QS until after 9pm.

I'll just wait by the seats at Burger King for you young chaps. 9pm meet OK with you and Mick then?

Who is Jon? Has he played with us before?

9pm is correct aye. Jons played before once, before you came Adam. Posted as FTOF_PTFC_1 on here before getting banned for racially abusing El Hadji Diouf :lol:

Ah, he wee guy that was going to batter all the Polis in Glasgow? Brilliant, I'm going through him like a ton of bricks. 8)

Well the trend with the winning team having Bryan in it continues. Albeit a far more even contest.

A good even game and I really enjoyed it. Thought it was going to be a walk in the park when we raced into a strong lead only to be hauled back. Really end to end stuff and pleased we won it in the end despite me doing absolutely no backtracking whatsoever. :D

Despite some good finishing from myself, there was fucking woeful finishing to go along with it. Something I should work on.

Thought all other 9 grafters put in a decent shift aswell, which is a rarity. :lol:

PS, I won't lie. When I saw the teams after they'd been picked I thought we'd of been absolutely overran and on the end of a major pummeling.

Absolutely outstanding game, really was a pleasure to be involved in it.

I was sure that, near the end, once the other team had taken the lead for what I'm pretty sure was the first time over the course of the game that that was the game over, but we managed to recover well. I got off to a flying start, but faded as the game went on (think I'm going to pin that on the 3 times I went to McDonalds yesterday) Thought Adam wasn't going to be able to continue when he trod on the ball, looked like a really awkward fall and I was only 4 or 5 yards away from him, but thankfully he rode through the pain to graft on like a pro.

Best game ever.

Mr. Shakey isn't allowed to come back.

Good to meet another fellow gambler in Blue.

Serves shakey right for going with a meal over fitba. Bro's before hoes, man, bro's before hoes. :P

It actually was a great game; really even and for the first time ever at Fives, I'm genuinely disappointed to lose. Gutted in fact.

You certainly didn't deserve to be on the losing team the day, some outstanding finishes with the left and right foot.

Well the trend with the winning team having Bryan in it continues. Albeit a far more even contest.

A good even game and I really enjoyed it. Thought it was going to be a walk in the park when we raced into a strong lead only to be hauled back. Really end to end stuff and pleased we won it in the end despite me doing absolutely no backtracking whatsoever. :D

Despite some good finishing from myself, there was fucking woeful finishing to go along with it. Something I should work on.

Thought all other 9 grafters put in a decent shift aswell, which is a rarity. :lol:

PS, I won't lie. When I saw the teams after they'd been picked I thought we'd of been absolutely overran and on the end of a major pummeling.

Can't argue with that assessment. 'Specially the last part, ha.

Liked that pitch, too, think it had just the right amount of moisture on it to make the ball nice and comfortable to control and suchlike.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Aye, he's away up the West End for a meal. What a gay! The most my bird gets is a bag of chips, bottle of White Lightening and a cheeky finger round the side of the co-op.

The West End!? How snazzy. He better be taking us to the West End soon. Don't worry, I'm sure he won't let us down, he never does ;)

I can only follow up what everyone else has said. It was a brilliant game, which was pretty even. There was one point where we lost our concentration and went three or four behind, but I'd be surprised if we ever went more than five behind.

Can I also say, it was 0-0 for fecking ages at the beginning. At least five minutes passed without a goal, which is quite rare to see, especially with us!

Brian probably was the best player last night, but I thought we done quite well closing him down at times. He never got as much space as he is used to.

David was our best player by a country mile last night. Some of his goals were brilliant. No idea where you were pulling them from David! :lol:

I'll be honest, I don't think anyone had an off game last night. It was bad to lose Blue to injury quite early on in the game (how is the leg, mate?) but his goalkeeping heroics kept us in it on more than one occasion. Thanks again for coming Blue!

I have no idea what happened when I managed to go over my knee. I think I had just turned Chrisy, then I think I managed to stand on the ball, and thought that I could feel my knee twist. I was quite worried that I had fucked it, but after a few minutes, it seemed OK. A bit sore today, but I don't think that will keep me on the sofa with cups of tea all day sadly!

Shakey ought to be gutted at missing last night, you should be ashamed of yourself, big man. :P

Edited by Adam_Wee

I have no idea what happened when I managed to go over my knee. I think I had just turned Chrisy, then I think I managed to stand on the ball, and thought that I could feel my knee twist. I was quite worried that I had fucked it, but after a few minutes, it seemed OK. A bit sore today, but I don't think that will keep me on the sofa with cups of tea all day sadly!

Nah, I was in goals at the time. I remember just standing there doing keepy uppy for about 3 minutes while you were recovering. tongue.gif

Edited by ChrisyM92

Nah, I was in goals at the time. I remember just standing there doing keepy uppy for about 3 minutes while you were recovering. tongue.gif

Your goalkeeping kept your team in it at certain points. Talk about fantastic saves!