Match Day 18

San Francisco Giants Soccer Club made the long trip by chartered Boeing 747 to East Fife, and despite jet lag came away with a very simple 3-0 agains pretty much non existant opposition.

Storm Bartlet, the sensational young striker from Oakland, scored a hat-trick, taking his total for the season to 15, and putting him joint top of the divisional scoring stakes.

Sadly though, the outclassed East Fife resorted to dirty ticks, and rattled up a number of yellow cards. I had hoped for a stronger referee, and debutant Steve Schmidt may be set for a long term place in the first team after putting in a dominant performance in the midfield. Ulric Accardi, who was rested for this game, managed to get injured even more, despite being rested. It was believed he was attacked by a dissident East Fife reserve team player and a police report has been sent to the procurator fiscal. Possibly.

In a stunning and unbelievable game Surreal Madrid were held to a 0-0 draw at home to second bottom cannon fodder w**kstain Rovers.

Amazingly the team that have spunked goals all season totally nullified my young dream team and limited me to just 11% possesion. Even with 89% possesion they couldnt muster a shot.

Again we splutter towards promotion. We will have to wait another day for that. A win tomorrow and promotion will be guaranteed.

Guest Waxoyl Fan Club

1-0 win against Real Otto sees me creep back into 4th place. No chance of promotion, rebuilding is well under way for next season

An away win over 2nd placed Lennon's Dsico Jodhpurs arrests a LDL sequence that dropped 12 angry men out of the promotion places by 5 pts. 4 games left: unfortunately, one of those is against MK Dons who have bloodily butt-fecked me in every game over the past 2 seasons :(

Stirling Albion 04/05 virtually assured themselves promotion after a 2-0 victory. Next match will have a bearing on the destination of the title as we play 2nd place Scintillators. Victory would almost certainly assure the Championship where as defeat would merely bring them closer.

A hard fought 1-0 (88th min) victory over the previously unbeaten league leaders consolidated my 3rd place in my league. 6 points and 14 goals in front of 4th, with a game in hand. Promotion is a strong possibility, but I'm taking nothing for granted.

I also have a postponed game, AFAIK they're played at the end of the season.

Archived