P&b Running Club

Bleeding Nipples - whats that all about?

It's fucking agony, that's what it about :angry:

I have a Nike technical running top that is great but run anything over about 15K in it and it turns into a neep neep grater.

Jog Scotland beginners - that's me :) . We are on Week 8 and running for 12 and a half minutes now. Goes up to 15 mins this week.

I know ths sounds piss easy for all you runners but for someone who's never ran before I'm well chuffed and it really does get easier week by week :D

You'll be amazed how easy it becomes to increase the time/distance. And amazed how hard it is to get back into it if you stop :ph34r:

It's fucking agony, that's what it about :angry:

I have a Nike technical running top that is great but run anything over about 15K in it and it turns into a neep neep grater.

My shirt keeps brushing against them - I may cry

I've been interested in reading some of the posts on here, although I am myself not much a runner.

I did enter a marathon many years ago, but it took the surgeons at least four hours to remove the peanuts from my foreskin :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Not been out properly since the turn of the year, so I decided to go out again on Tuesday, and it showed. Gave up after 5k - it's amazing how shite you become when you stop for a few months :(

FAO Gaz - where you out running last night? I drove up past Polmont Train Station and saw 2 folk running down past it. If not, you have a doppleganger.

Not me man. I was out last night but pretty late (back of eleven) and went down Grangemouth way.

Not been out properly since the turn of the year, so I decided to go out again on Tuesday, and it showed. Gave up after 5k - it's amazing how shite you become when you stop for a few months :(

After a week without exercise you can lose cardio.

A smashing run last night. 12.8km in 1:00:48.

10km mark hit at 46:58.

Oh, and anyone else bar me and TM doing the Grangemouth Round The Houses 10K at the end of the month?

Edited by Gaz

A smashing run last night. 12.8km in 1:00:48.

10km mark hit at 46:58.

Oh, and anyone else bar me and TM doing the Grangemouth Round The Houses 10K at the end of the month?

I noticed the latest entry date was 22nd and I get paid on the 20th so I might not be doing it if it's full up. I can't see that happening though so should be there. I'm only just getting back into the swing of things so I'll be aiming to go under 60 mins for this 10K. I managed 2.05 miles in 15:14 mins last night (a similar pace to your 10K time) but there is no way I'll keep that up for another 4 miles.

Sub 45mins 10K for me by the end of the year though.

Tell me about - i have had a lot of wee niggles this year and everytime I get up to a decent pace and distance I have to stop and it takes me weeks to get back into it.

I've not been out for a week and it will be interesting to see how my 6mile distance run goes on saturday

Just ran round Stathclyde park in what the BBC weather says is 35 Mph wind ('Strong Gale' on the beufort scale, apparently). That was massively unpleasant. dont think Ill do that again!

My time was also shocking. Could hardly breathe running into the wind and on the way back the trees along the side of the loch sheltered me from getting blown along. Doh.

Absolute torture.

f**k me, for some reason I thought it'd be a great idea to have my girlfriend drop me off in Linlithgow for me to run home.

Eight miles into a 30mph headwind was not pleasant.

I went out once last week( :ph34r: ) and my shins started hurting and it felt like they where on fire. I'll have to start again next week,see how I get on.

I only walk five miles at a time,I don't know if that helps getting fit or not?

Another thing,when I go for a walk at the north inch I always get strange looks from people,normaly people with dogs,maybe it's because I am walking and I don't have a dog,it's very strange. :blink:

It's not that I've not went without exercise in 3 months, I'm doing Sports Coaching at College so at the gym pretty much most weekdays, it's just that I haven't been out running for a wee while. Will gradually get back into the swing of things when the weather improves.