P&b Running Club

Thanks Reina, I think I can handle those sort of waiting times. Much more like it.

That was a quick change of plan, Dave! Good show.

I'm going to attempt a quick 5k tomorrow night and an 8-9 mile run at some stage at the weekend. This should have me primed and ready to beat my flatmate, which is all that really matters, the following weekend.

Thanks Reina, I think I can handle those sort of waiting times. Much more like it.

That was a quick change of plan, Dave! Good show.

I'm going to attempt a quick 5k tomorrow night and an 8-9 mile run at some stage at the weekend. This should have me primed and ready to beat my flatmate, which is all that really matters, the following weekend.

:lol: Aye, my mate came out with me for the first four miles or so, then I fancied keeping going. Didn't realise i'd gone as far until I checked it back tbh.

Got a 7.5 mile route planned already for Saturday, no more running for me until then.

7.5 hilly miles in bang on 60 minutes this morning. It was the actual course of the Dunblane Road Race which I'm doing next Sunday.

Previous PB for this course was 62 mins so I'm pleased with that and actually looking forward to Sunday now!

Been running for a while now, first run back yesterday after a lazy few weeks. Managed 10k in 53 minutes, which I was pleased with considering the weight I'm carrying just now.

Planning to build towards half marathon distance to run the Glasgow half marathon in September. I'd be happy just to finish, but ideally in under 2 hours. We'll see.

Someone mentioned suffering from shin splints? I was tortured with them on and off for months. Started taking glucosamine sulphate every day & haven't felt so much as a twinge at all.

They can be pricey, but I get mine from Tesco where they are reasonably priced.

Edited by eddiemunster

I've had a few weeks off (very much unwanted weeks off) so I am going back to it on Tuesday at the club. I had hoped to get a long cycle in today to see what my stamina is like (non-existent I expect) but didn't get the chance. Will ease myself in gently I think...

Question - anyone any ideas what it is when I have a sharp pain down the front of my left kneecap?

Best way I can think to describe it is - imagine my kneecap's a clockface, so 12 at top and 6 at bottom. If you drew a line from 11 to 7, that's where the pain is, ie just off centre, and towards the inside of my leg. The pain comes when I straighten the leg, like when on my bike the other day, I was getting pain when pushing the pedal with left foot.

Anyone had that before, and what is it?

Question - anyone any ideas what it is when I have a sharp pain down the front of my left kneecap?

Best way I can think to describe it is - imagine my kneecap's a clockface, so 12 at top and 6 at bottom. If you drew a line from 11 to 7, that's where the pain is, ie just off centre, and towards the inside of my leg. The pain comes when I straighten the leg, like when on my bike the other day, I was getting pain when pushing the pedal with left foot.

Can't tell you what it is but I had something that sounds very similar a few weeks ago. I found that lifting my heels a bit more when running helped enormously.

Another 7 miles or so last night, was fantastic being out running in the sunshine for a change!

If it is bothering you I would recommned seeing a sports injury physio - costs about £30 for an hour session you should get a diagnosis and what you need to do to help it.

A couple of years ago I had a pain in my groin that was causing me to limp very heavily - it turned out to be piriformis syndrome and was nothing to do with my groin. I was given some stretches and was told that I could continue training cleared up completely after a few weeeks.

If it is bothering you I would recommned seeing a sports injury physio - costs about £30 for an hour session you should get a diagnosis and what you need to do to help it.

A couple of years ago I had a pain in my groin that was causing me to limp very heavily - it turned out to be piriformis syndrome and was nothing to do with my groin. I was given some stretches and was told that I could continue training cleared up completely after a few weeeks.

£30 for an hour?? more like 45-50 at least! Runner's knee maybe??? Best to get diagnosed.

£30 for an hour?? more like 45-50 at least! Runner's knee maybe??? Best to get diagnosed.

I was getting quite a bit of pain in my left knee when I initially started training. Eventually bought myself fitted at Run 4 It and the new footwear has helped a lot. A very different pain to what you're experiencing Boghead ranter, so that little story of mine's probably not relevant.

7 miles for myself tonight in what will be my last run before the weekend. Went slow and felt alright for the most part. Race number arrived in the post today, so all sorted.