P&b Running Club

Roughly £30 in Dumfries land too.

I ran just over 10k on saturday morning in 56mins. Not particuarly quick but my last two splits were my quickest and i felt fairly comfortable at that pace. I'm contemplating doing the same run tonight, but it's so facking hot. It may end me.

Am not surprised giving some of our performances over the last few seasons.

Haha, to be fair it was the 2-1 Queen's Park game just after New Year and I had to leave 2 mins early due to the train - was gutted about it, first game I've ever left early :( Caught the train just in time! Missed the Clyde goal that day as well as my fatass mate always insists on going for a pie at 40 mins <_<

Sorry for this being question week!

I've had to get a new smartphone this week as my Nokia N8 died. Now got a Samsung Galaxy, and it seems like it and Endomondo don't like speaking to each other. Anyone recommend a good similar application that will work with a Samsung?

Please don't recommend anything that will involve buying an extra device, the Ranter household is under austerity measures at the moment.

Sorry for this being question week!

I've had to get a new smartphone this week as my Nokia N8 died. Now got a Samsung Galaxy, and it seems like it and Endomondo don't like speaking to each other. Anyone recommend a good similar application that will work with a Samsung?

Please don't recommend anything that will involve buying an extra device, the Ranter household is under austerity measures at the moment.

Not sure if it works with the Galaxy, but I use RunKeeper on the iPhone.

Managed 10k last night after a few days off in just over 45 minutes. To start with I was just getting over playing an hour of competitive football at the weekend so wasn't sure how far I could go. Running in the heat was tough and the sweat was pishing out me. Also swallowed a few flies which I suppose aided my recovery :)

First race for a while this Sunday. Dunblane hydro 7.5 mile road race. No idea what time to go for. Going by my 10k pb I should aim for the 50 minute mark.

Managed 10k last night after a few days off in just over 45 minutes. To start with I was just getting over playing an hour of competitive football at the weekend so wasn't sure how far I could go. Running in the heat was tough and the sweat was pishing out me. Also swallowed a few flies which I suppose aided my recovery :)

First race for a while this Sunday. Dunblane hydro 7.5 mile road race. No idea what time to go for. Going by my 10k pb I should aim for the 50 minute mark.

Does anyone else get midge face? Where you come in from a run and your sweaty face and neck are covered in dead flies!

Does anyone else get midge face? Where you come in from a run and your sweaty face and neck are covered in dead flies!

I had a few stuck to my face last night when I got in. It was far too hot for running yesterday evening, i did just under 5k and tapped out. Next run will be Saturday morning as early as possible.

That's the one I'm doing as well. Have you done it before? It's quite an up and down course, and miles 3-6 seem to go on forever!

That's the one I'm doing as well. Have you done it before? It's quite an up and down course, and miles 3-6 seem to go on forever!

Alright Dave. Just seen this. This was my first one. Yes there a quite a few tough climbs. Especially at the end. Can't imagine running further in this heat. Think I finished about 53 minutes. How did you get on?

Alright Dave. Just seen this. This was my first one. Yes there a quite a few tough climbs. Especially at the end. Can't imagine running further in this heat. Think I finished about 53 minutes. How did you get on?

That's incredible in this heat mate, well done. I was about 60:30 unfortunately - wanted under the hour. Given the heat though and the fact that I beat 3 people I know who'd normally beat me by 5 mins plus, I'm happy. Gives me something to aim for next year!

How did you find the course?

That's incredible in this heat mate, well done. I was about 60:30 unfortunately - wanted under the hour. Given the heat though and the fact that I beat 3 people I know who'd normally beat me by 5 mins plus, I'm happy. Gives me something to aim for next year!

Well Done mate! Cracking time!

Cheers. That's a good time. The official times still aren't up. I found the course quite good. Challenging yes. As you said quite a few ups and downs. The course designer must be sadistic as the last half mile is pretty tough. All I was thinking about was the heat tbh. Poured most of my bottle of water over my head at 5 miles.

The ambulance service is getting a full shift today, it would appear that folk running the Edinburgh marathon are dropping like flies in the heat.

I was lucky the half marathon started an hour and a half earlier, the sun coming out from mile 9-10ish. Hats off to anyone completing the 26 today.

I crossed the line in 1:38:22. Properly chuffed as it was much quicker than I expected to go, even with the course's reputation for producing fast times. I'd hoped to keep on top of 8-minute mile pace and clock under 1:45.

I was lucky the half marathon started an hour and a half earlier, the sun coming out from mile 9-10ish. Hats off to anyone completing the 26 today.

I crossed the line in 1:38:22. Properly chuffed as it was much quicker than I expected to go, even with the course's reputation for producing fast times. I'd hoped to keep on top of 8-minute mile pace and clock under 1:45.

Well done. Great time.

Cheers. That's a good time. The official times still aren't up. I found the course quite good. Challenging yes. As you said quite a few ups and downs. The course designer must be sadistic as the last half mile is pretty tough. All I was thinking about was the heat tbh. Poured most of my bottle of water over my head at 5 miles.

Exact same with the water mate! It's my ex bird's old man who organises it - I've been telling him to change the finish line for 5 years!

Turns out that out of the group of 10-12 folk I knew doing it I was the only one to clock a PB so can't be too unhappy with that.