Portugal V Holland

Baggio

Right there's football back on the telly again tonight. I've missed it the last two days :lol:

I hope Portugal stick with Gomes up front instead of Pauleta who has been rank.

2-1 Portugal please :D

any other thoughts??

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Portugal to win, by 2 goals to 1, in a game similar to the match against England, only this time Lampard doesn't pop up with an equaliser in extra time.

Figo shouldn't play, he is feckin pish and it was proved the other night when Portugal were better without him. They also have to play 2 up front(Postiga and Gomes) because one up with 2 wide men just doesn't work. The same goes for Holland, they should drop van der Meyde and play Mackaay so they have two forwards, has the makings of a cracker :D

Guest John McVeigh

Portugal are playing Gnomes up front???

bdt-11317.jpg

Far too short.

Will keep tripping over their fishing rods and wheel barrows.

BAD IDEA!

we are getting slightly off topic here gentlemen.

i have just realised i have got dressed today in the colours of the team i am supporting tonight. i think that is an omen.

c'mon portugal!!

team news!

Portugal boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has no injury worries with Jorge Andrade and Nuno Gomes recovering well from ankle knocks sustained against England.

Gomes could be dropped as Pauleta is available after suspension but Luis Figo should start, despite storming off after his substitution on Thursday.

With Wilfred Bouma struggling with an injury, Johnny Heitinga is likely to partner Jaap Stam in the Dutch defence.

Roy Makaay is in line to replace the disappointing Andy van der Meyde.

thank you BBC

I think on the whole I'd prefer the Dutch got through if only because I think it would be a Hell of a conincidence and a unique occurrence for the same two teams to meet FOUR times in the same tournament. I think if the Czechs beat the Dutch again they get to keep them!

Also, the Czech Republic v Netherlands game in the group was the best game of the tournament and I fancy a repeat of that (Cue 0-0 boreathon between Greece and Portugal)

Archived