The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Well New Zealand got what they set out for... three absolutely nothing pitches set up for three drawn tests. Not much more I can add to that. Dull series. If this was in England (or anywhere other than New Zealand ) it would be a thrashing.

Nothing wrong with putting them in first but the attitude left a lot to be desired from the fielding team - christ at one point after tea Broad took over 10 minutes on a single over.

Compton gone already today.

Could be a long night.

I'll be charitable and say that the ball is swinging a bit, but in all honesty the batting has been inept. The New Zealand bowlers have at least pitched the ball up and given it a chance.

well this is interesting, pitch is actually coming into play this test and if NZ can stick another 150 on tomorrow and then put england back in things could be very edge of the seat on day 5.

As Sir Geoffrey might say "rubbish" - that is all.

England started well with Bell and Root but New Zealand has taken the new ball and with the first ball with it Root is out. Lunch is coming up soon

England must see of the new ball without losing more wickets to save this test match.

Edit

Now Lunch England 158-5 with 60 overs left to save the test.

Bell and Bairstow both could have been out in the last over before lunch but survived after both being dropped.

Edited by booitsme7

England have lost Bell right on tea and will now need a lot of luck to get out of this match now with a draw.

With about 30 overs left England need Prior and Broad to do most of the batting as there is only Anderson and Panesar left to bat.

Up at half four and caught the last hour or so - the last three overs with Monty in was nail biting.

I went to bed once they got Bell out as I thought it wouldn't take long to skittle the rest out. Looking forward to watching the last seassion again now as it must have been a bit of a monumental effort to dig that draw out.

NZ bowled very very well throughout the series, been impressed by them especially as they had prepared surfaces that were not exactly helpful to bowlers. It was a better series than I thought it was going to be and NZ were unlucky not to win it at the death.

Glad England got out of jail in this test match to get a draw.

I watched it till there was about 10 overs to go then I had to give in to sleep but I taped the rest and watched it this morning.

When Broad got out and quickly followed by Anderson with a few overs to go I thought England blew it but no Monty and Prior batted out the last few overs to pull of the great escape.

That was England`s 4th great escape in the past 4 year`s following the famous Ashes game at Cardiff in 2009 and 2 away test matches in South Africa in 2010.

Now looking forward to the 2 teams meeting again in England in May.

Jesse Ryder in an induced coma after taking a tanking from a group of guys outside a Christchutch bar.

No real surprise sadly when you hear some of the stories about him.

Was headed to the IPL too...

Jesse Ryder in an induced coma after taking a tanking from a group of guys outside a Christchutch bar.

No real surprise sadly when you hear some of the stories about him.

Was headed to the IPL too...

Yeah some of those NZ boys like to party hard.

When I was playing at Ayr our pro was a bloke called Brendan Bracewell... he was a grade a nutjob and led most of the young shavers astray with his antics. He actually decided to live in a caravan right behind the clubhouse that summer and more or less shagged his way through the entire lady membership as well as half of Ayr. At Cambusdoon there was a huge dent in the ceiling that was left there as a memory to a night where he had managed to put his head through the ceiling.. he was actully a very gifted player but I think he was too hard to handle to be trusted in their test side never mind be away on tour with a bunch of lads for months on end.

He was a bit of a change after we had Salahuddin for a few years prior to Bren turning up..