The Cricket Thread

bewlay

What a test so far.

Can't believe all this has happened in only two days :lol: The morning session is crucial to the game you feel. If England can get through without much going wrong they should have a platform to build a score, the wicket is doing nothing much, there has been swing and ta bit of spin, which will be more the case if the match lasts into the weekend but there isnt too much to worry batsmen other than swing. If England lose a couple of wickets early on then you have to fancy the Aussies to rip through.

I was supposed to be going down on Saturday, but I declined as I have to be somewhere else. You wonder how much cricket there would have been anyway when you see how this has gone so far.

Agars innings was incredible, but I did have a quiet smile when he didnt get his ton. 8)

And what the f**k happened with the review system? An umpire looking at a screen making a complete c**t of two major decisions? Not good enough. And I dont understand why Root didnt review his if he was in any doubt at all The stumping was borderline and you can see why the batsman got the benefit of the doubt. But Trotts?? What the f**k was that decision :lol: He nicked the thing. You could clearly see it, the on field umpire clearly saw AND heard it. Odd stuff.

I cannot wait for the play today. Test cricket is the best game on the fucking planet, by miles.

I think this wicket will start to crack open a bit , with the predicted very hot weather. If England get through to lunch without any loss, I think they will build a decent lead and put a poor Australian batting side in on a deteriorating wicket. England still favourites IMO.

Test cricket is absolutely brilliant... this is going to be one of those "4 runs to win with 1 wicket left" test matches.

My mates think I'm a right square gayboy for loving cricket! lol. I agree it is brilliant, and this test, so far, makes it even more enjoyable.

England need a lead of at least 250 if they are to win this test match. Whilst scoring runs is difficult on this track and Swann could cause havoc, the Aussies bat all the way down to eleven. Slight advantage to the Aussies at lunch on day three.

This has been some test. Test match cricket is unlike anything else. Love it.

Bell and Bairstow out at the minute, be interesting to see if they can put on a good partnership. It's certainly needed and they have plenty of time to get going.

Both those guys need runs and are under a bit of pressure. Especially Bell, who has done f**k all since the series against Pakistan. Bairstow looks like a one day hacker to me anytime I have seen him, he really needs to try and put a decent innings together here.

No idea what is a good score on this wicket, it looks like it should have some runs in it, but the swing is doing in most of the batsmen and at least making them nervy. I reckon England will need to get around a 250 lead to be properly in the test, anything less is surely gettable for Australia. I just hope we get another couple of days out this game as it has been fantastic stuff so far.

Bairstow gone now as well. If the Aussies can get Prior or Bell out soon I think they could only be chasing a target of about 150.

I'd be surprised if the Aussies don't win it from this position. England need a change of momentum before the next wicket falls. I suspect the new ball will rip through the tail.

I'd be surprised if the Aussies don't win it from this position. England need a change of momentum before the next wicket falls. I suspect the new ball will rip through the tail.

I still think England are pretty strong favourites. Australia's total would have been shambolic had it not been for Agar. Their batting line up is all over the place.

I think they'll struggle to chase down 200.

I still think England are pretty strong favourites. Australia's total would have been shambolic had it not been for Agar. Their batting line up is all over the place.

I hope you are right. There has been a slight shift of momentum after Prior's innings, but I still think Australia would chase down 200 but I don't think they'd manage 250.

Their batting line up is all over the place.

Haven't we heard all this before! Fact is never ever right us off no matter how bad the poms may think we are ;):P And also thats Prior gone :)