Czech Republic V Greece

I think that shows what an extra 2 days of rest does to you in this tournament. Both Portugal and Greece had the 2 extra days of rest..... Just like England in 66 Portugal seem to have organised the schedule perfect for themselves.

Portugal to win the final 1-0

The Czechs rested 9 of their first team payers & effectivley had an 8 day break between the 2nd group game & the quarter-final.

Whatever way you organise the quarter finals some teams will have extra days rest.

So how do we feel when Scotland has never gone past the first round yet qualified for lots of WC/EC (granted a little less now) and here is Greece who hadn't won a single game in a major tournament (and perhaps not even scored a goal in a major tournament - I am sure you will put me right Radford!) through to the final?

Always thought Baros was a donkey and I'm even more sure of it now. The guy was hopeless tonight, he showed why he's usually warming the bench for Liverpool.

here is Greece who hadn't won a single game in a major tournament (and perhaps not even scored a goal in a major tournament - I am sure you will put me right Radford!) through to the final?

I'm pretty sure Greece scored at least one goal during the 1980 European Championships.

The latest Drifter curse is soldily on the Czechs. I picked them as my team before the tournament started, partly because France apart it's the only country in the tournament I've actually visited and it's a brilliant place. They've played the best football of this tournament consistently, haven't lost a single competitive game since the last World Cup qualifying and throughly deserve a place in the final.

And if Nedved is denied a place by a daft booking tonight foloowing that disgraceful con trick by Gronkjaer then it will be a massive injustice.

However, given I was supporting the Dutch last night and Henman yesterday afternoon our Czech friends may rather I was following the Greeks!

That's three I've cursed in two days then! :lol:

I have some big budvars in for the game tonight and following my accurate predictions about last nights game i think the czechs will go through quite easily. 3-0.

however i think there could be heartache for nedved :( and he will do a costacurta

:lol::lol::lol: what a load of pish!

the only bit i got vaguely right was

however i think there could be heartache for nedved

didn't even make it home to drink my budvar!

c'mon portugal!

I can't see the Czech Republic losing this one, what with Nedved & Co. As long as they don't adopt the 'we've only got to turn up to win' attitude :rolleyes: Should be a Czech goal-fest! :D

Don't listen to me, I know notheeeeng! :lol::lol::lol:

They DID adopt the 'we've just got to turn up and win' attitude :o But fair play to Greece, what a marvellous spoiling game they played, not letting the Czech's string more than three passes togther. In the second half you could see the Czech's losing heart as every time their players got the ball there were two or three Greeks right round them.

As a Berwicker, I will now shamelessly change allegiance and support the underdogs, as usual! ;) Sorry BB, but Figo does nothing for me :lol::lol::lol:

MON EL GRECO!!! B)

As a Berwicker, I will now shamelessly change allegiance and support the underdogs, as usual! ;) Sorry BB, but Figo does nothing for me :lol::lol::lol:

that's quite alright. he's all mine anyway :D

Archived