Official P&b Cycling Thread

Enjoying this debate started by footiechick's post. This ageing cyclist doesn't need Strava to tell him he's getting slower! UtN is right - there's room for all of us out there and the more the safer.

Whoah!!! Who said you get slower?

I beat my 2012 10 mile time trial time by over 80 seconds a few weeks ago

Some of the fastest and best endurance guys in our club are 40 plus

It's a case of "an auld heid" giving some of those young pretenders a doing

I like Strava, etc just for the fact it's a handy way to track your rides. Have joined the P&B Strava club.

Had a jaunt out to Dunkeld and back tonight, added bonus of a pint at the Taybank midway of course.

Let's debate: going for a pint on your bike.

Let's debate: going for a pint on your bike.

Depends how serious(an alcoholic) you are. I've been known to take a tin of lager up a mountain. Mountain leader types will probably take a dim view. Not bothered though.

Oh FFS check that rain im glad i cycled into work today lol apparently its to brighten up but we'll see

How is the preparation going for the Prudential 100.

Has been a bit of a nightmare working out how to get there, what transport option to take etc..

I have opted for parking at London Bridge and cycling to the start. It is about equi distant from the start and finish points.

Going to visit the cycle show on the Friday to pick up my pack.

How is the preparation going for the Prudential 100.

Has been a bit of a nightmare working out how to get there, what transport option to take etc..

I have opted for parking at London Bridge and cycling to the start. It is about equi distant from the start and finish points.

Going to visit the cycle show on the Friday to pick up my pack.

What a great morning for a cycle today

Yeah cycling wise things going great, The arrangements are kinda like you we're staying at heathrow and driving to a carpark at Carington street. Which again is like you pretty much same from start to finish.

Friday we'll do the same. How are you getting the bike down are you driving?? Thankfully my work are transporting mines down.

There's one on my route into work in London which is 49 mph uphill :lol:

It's that stuff I'm talking about. I have one near me where the first time is an average of 67.7kph. That's 41mph average. You'd be outstripping the cars at that rate. The next highest is average 42kph!