Golfers Thread

Gaz

Australia's Matt Jones seems to have played a different course from just about everybody else at the Honda Classic. He hit a -9 round of 61, two other players hit 64s, but nobody else got to better than -4. Kaymer hit a 77 on his return, while Knox is on level par.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Australia's Matt Jones seems to have played a different course from just about everybody else at the Honda Classic. He hit a -9 round of 61, two other players hit 64s, but nobody else got to better than -4. Kaymer hit a 77 on his return, while Knox is on level par.

Amazing stuff.

Great stat that Henrik Stenson birdied his last two holes today to be "only" 17 (seventeen) shots behind the leader. 😲

Stenson's game is in a decline recently.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Got the first of my 3 rounds to submit cards for a handicap tomorrow. I was consistently shooting around 87-90 before December, and first round back after 3 months without being able to touch a club and shot 98. Handicap is going to be well off where it would have been if I’d got it at the end of last year.

Amazing stuff.
Great stat that Henrik Stenson birdied his last two holes today to be "only" 17 (seventeen) shots behind the leader. [emoji44]
Stenson's game is in a decline recently.
He was 32nd on the OWGR this time last year, he might be outside the top 100 on Monday. He missed a lot of last year through injury, but he's missed more cuts than he has made since coming back.

Connor Syme, Richie Ramsay and Callum Hill all going well in Kenya.
Don't expect to see any of it on TV though...
Still no live coverage today with the European Tour citing logistical problems as the reason. They say they are still hopeful of live coverage tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
17 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Connor Syme, Richie Ramsay and Callum Hill all going well in Kenya.
Don't expect to see any of it on TV though...

Still no live coverage today with the European Tour citing logistical problems as the reason. They say they are still hopeful of live coverage tomorrow.

Logistical problems? 

Managed to squeeze 18 in at Aberfoyle this morning before the Sons game at 3. As soon as we arrived I went straight to the clubhouse to look for a toilet (the early rise meant I hadn’t had time to drop my morning shite before leaving the house) and the clubhouse was locked. I tee’d off on the first, after a couple of weeks of really decent form, and all I could think about was the need for a shite. Two lost balls on the first set the tone for the day. Truly horrific stuff. I just couldn’t concentrate at all and my swing was all over the place.

I bumped into a greenkeeper (who happened to be club captain) on the 2nd, informed him of my predicament, and he basically told me nae chance of accessing the shitter due to covid regulations. I was doomed. I had nae toilet paper, the course was fairly busy given the good weather and the fact it was a Saturday and I just could not relax at all. It’s a short course but it’s tough. It’s even more tough when you are scared to swing incase you shite yourself. 

I think by the back 9 I had accepted my fate, my sphincter had decided to shut up shop and I managed to card 3 pars and a birdie but by that point I was just playing for fun. 

The moral of the story is that during these testing times the most important club in your bag is a roll of toilet paper.

Managed to squeeze 18 in at Aberfoyle this morning before the Sons game at 3. As soon as we arrived I went straight to the clubhouse to look for a toilet (the early rise meant I hadn’t had time to drop my morning shite before leaving the house) and the clubhouse was locked. I tee’d off on the first, after a couple of weeks of really decent form, and all I could think about was the need for a shite. Two lost balls on the first set the tone for the day. Truly horrific stuff. I just couldn’t concentrate at all and my swing was all over the place.
I bumped into a greenkeeper (who happened to be club captain) on the 2nd, informed him of my predicament, and he basically told me nae chance of accessing the shitter due to covid regulations. I was doomed. I had nae toilet paper, the course was fairly busy given the good weather and the fact it was a Saturday and I just could not relax at all. It’s a short course but it’s tough. It’s even more tough when you are scared to swing incase you shite yourself. 
I think by the back 9 I had accepted my fate, my sphincter had decided to shut up shop and I managed to card 3 pars and a birdie but by that point I was just playing for fun. 
The moral of the story is that during these testing times the most important club in your bag is a roll of toilet paper.

This story has me on stitches. What a lad [emoji23]

A 3rd place finish for Connor Syme in Kenya. Well done young man 
Great effort, closing 64 could have been better too as he dropped a couple of shots and missed a few putts early on.

Calum Hill tied 8th, he also left a few shots out there to finish with a 1 under 70.

Grant Forrest started on the 10th and was 4 under thru his first 3 holes, but it fizzled out after that and he ended up with a 68 and tied for 33rd on 9 under.

Same course for next weekend's Savannah Classic.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Great effort, closing 64 could have been better too as he dropped a couple of shots and missed a few putts early on.

Calum Hill tied 8th, he also left a few shots out there to finish with a 1 under 70.

Grant Forrest started on the 10th and was 4 under thru his first 3 holes, but it fizzled out after that and he ended up with a 68 and tied for 33rd on 9 under.

Same course for next weekend's Savannah Classic.

With it being the same set up hopefully they can feature prominently again. I remember Syme doing well in the two back to back Celtic Manor tournaments last season.