Golfers Thread

Gaz

15 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

JT making a charge for the playoffs. Right on the bubble now after an eagle on 16.

Then fucks it on the next hole.

Edit: not quite, still hanging on to 70th spot but only just.

Edited by peasy23

Delay because of rain with play resuming at 11.55. Lucas Glover leads by 1 on the last, pulls his drive left and it hits a golf cart and comes back into the first cut. Could prove to be a huge break.

Henley toiling to make par on 18 too.

I know he’s not everyones cup of tea but Bryson has put his 58 on his YouTube channel.

Love him or hate him that is an absolutely ridiculous round of golf. It’s even more impressive he managed to do it with daft tunes pumping out in the background on most of his shots. The noise of a fluttering bird is enough to put me off.

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I know he’s not everyones cup of tea but Bryson has put his 58 on his YouTube channel.

Love him or hate him that is an absolutely ridiculous round of golf. It’s even more impressive he managed to do it with daft tunes pumping out in the background on most of his shots. The noise of a fluttering bird is enough to put me off.

actually started to take to him past 6 months or so, heard him on a few podcasts and the like.

a 58 with a bogey on the scorecard is utterly ridiculous 

Took the wee man to play at the new R&A project in Glasgow ‘Golfit’ up at Hogganfield. 

The greens were absolutely superb, beyond what I expected. The tees were also very good quality. The fairways are still bedding in but i dont hit too many. 

The wee man go a loan of good quality Callaway clubs for free. Really think they are on to something good there. The only downside id say is for something thats aimed at inclusivity and is based in an area of high deprivation the food prices were outrageous. Id recommend checking it out £15 for both of us for 9 holes. 

IMG_2462.jpeg

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Took the wee man to play at the new R&A project in Glasgow ‘Golfit’ up at Hogganfield. 

The greens were absolutely superb, beyond what I expected. The tees were also very good quality. The fairways are still bedding in but i dont hit too many. 

The wee man go a loan of good quality Callaway clubs for free. Really think they are on to something good there. The only downside id say is for something thats aimed at inclusivity and is based in an area of high deprivation the food prices were outrageous. Id recommend checking it out £15 for both of us for 9 holes. 

IMG_2462.jpeg

That’s great to see mate. My wee man is his happiest when on the course 

IMG_7807.jpeg

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

IMG_2462.jpeg

That's good to know , been meaning to check this place out since I heard they were redeveloping it . The boys have been asking me lately about taking them to play golf so might give it a try . My first experience of 'proper' golf ie not the plastic clubs in my back garden was at the old pitch n putt at huggy loch so would be a nice wee experience. 

Just now, JamesP_81 said:

That's good to know , been meaning to check this place out since I heard they were redeveloping it . The boys have been asking me lately about taking them to play golf so might give it a try . My first experience of 'proper' golf ie not the plastic clubs in my back garden was at the old pitch n putt at huggy loch so would be a nice wee experience. 

They have lots of different tees, from ‘tips’ to ‘golfit’ tees which are ideal for beginners, the golfit tees are about 30-55yds from the green. They also give the kids clubs for free and they are callaway clubs which are absolutely superb quality. It cost me £15 for the two of us and the staff were really friendly. Was nice for me too as the greens were superb and I enjoyed the course too. The holes from the normal tees range from about 102 yards to a 510 yard par 5. I shot a 7 over par, largely because i tried to cut the corner on the par 5 (lost ball) and had 2 3 putts. 

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

They have lots of different tees, from ‘tips’ to ‘golfit’ tees which are ideal for beginners, the golfit tees are about 30-55yds from the green. They also give the kids clubs for free and they are callaway clubs which are absolutely superb quality. It cost me £15 for the two of us and the staff were really friendly. Was nice for me too as the greens were superb and I enjoyed the course too. The holes from the normal tees range from about 102 yards to a 510 yard par 5. I shot a 7 over par, largely because i tried to cut the corner on the par 5 (lost ball) and had 2 3 putts. 

Sold ! Are you on commission ? 🤣 Got a few of my old junior clubs in the car from when I was up at my dad's the other weekend , might get them down the range to get the basics down with them then take them out there a morning 👍

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its great having a wee buddy to walk around with. 9 holes is absolutely enough for him though. 

That’s what me and the wee man do. We go for 9 holes. He tee’s off, picks up his wee plastic ball then either walks to the green or go’s on my shoulders. When we get there he throws his ball down and hits it until he gets it in the hole. 

He loves it, I love it and it’s a nice hour and a half just the 2 off us 

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

That’s what me and the wee man do. We go for 9 holes. He tee’s off, picks up his wee plastic ball then either walks to the green or go’s on my shoulders. When we get there he throws his ball down and hits it until he gets it in the hole. 

He loves it, I love it and it’s a nice hour and a half just the 2 off us 

That sounds amazing , genuinely never even crossed my mind that you could do that . Wish I'd have thought of that when the boys were a lot younger , tho my wee girl has just turned 3 so maybe make a golfer out of her 🤔.

Just now, JamesP_81 said:

That sounds amazing , genuinely never even crossed my mind that you could do that . Wish I'd have thought of that when the boys were a lot younger , tho my wee girl has just turned 3 so maybe make a golfer out of her 🤔.

Mate it’s perfect. Give it a bash with the wee lass. He never moans about having to walk or anything. He does have a habit of telling my wife as soon as we get home how many times Iv been in the water or “the big field”

We were actually watching the Open together a few weeks ago and someone hit into the bunker. I said to him “oh no that shot went into the sand” he replied “your ball doesn’t go in the sand daddy”

At this point I was sitting all smug thinking my boy must think I’m a decent player. He then followed it up with “Yours go’s in the long grass and we can’t find it”

Wee p***k 🤬

20 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I read the review by one of Bunkered's journos and he said the greens were nothing short of magnificent. 

Will get up for a game soon, intrigued to see what bits of the original course they have kept.