Darts...

Sideshow

Ugh women back in the main draw. I have nothing against this in principal as there's nothing that should stop them competing with the men. It's just the standard of them is just so shite. Yeah I know Anastasia beat VVV at the grand slam many moons ago. I suppose they can't be much worse than some of the regional championship. Especially that bum from New Zealand a couple of years ago. 

Lisa Ashton is the best women's player of all time . Standard wise she would have no problem averaging 90 odd in the best of five sets. Unfortunately for her she has been drawn against jan dekker, who is vastly experienced on the tv stage and on his day can be very good.The best chance any of the women would have had would be up against a Chinese qualifier or something.  

An absolute stinker for the defending champ rob cross against more than likely the rising dutch star Jeffery de zwaan.

Van gerwen the favourite in most places but for me it should be anderson.  Wade, whitlock and his old nemesis barney are all in  mvg's quarter, and anderson is playing great darts and looks in the mood for world title number 3.

Some outsiders, maybe big mensur or wade in great form at 33/1.

16 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

Lisa Ashton is the best women's player of all time . Standard wise she would have no problem averaging 90 odd in the best of five sets. Unfortunately for her she has been drawn against jan dekker, who is vastly experienced on the tv stage and on his day can be very good.The best chance any of the women would have had would be up against a Chinese qualifier or something.  

An absolute stinker for the defending champ rob cross against more than likely the rising dutch star Jeffery de zwaan.

Van gerwen the favourite in most places but for me it should be anderson.  Wade, whitlock and his old nemesis barney are all in  mvg's quarter, and anderson is playing great darts and looks in the mood for world title number 3.

Some outsiders, maybe big mensur or wade in great form at 33/1.

• 2 weeks later...

Ashton was fantastic as expected, credit has to go to dekker also for holding it together after been blown away in the first set and the crowd on his back.

But performance of the night was rob cross, after a poor year and everyone writing him off, i myself thought de zwaan would beat him, he pulled it out the fire against a guy averaging 106.

That will be a massive confidence boost and he will fancy his chances of going deep in the tournament once again. 

What the feck was that Mansell just came out to? You always get some right shite walk on tunes, but that one could be the worst. 

Editted to add.  Canadian bloke just hit a 180 on his first ever televised throw at the World Championship. Regardless of the outcome that's a great memory for him. 

Edited by same_ol_g35