Darts...

Sideshow

Not too sure but it looks like the gap between Taylor and the rest is widening again after it looked like he might not have it his own way all season after Nicholson beat him in the players championship.

He has won quite a few of the weekend events after this and been pretty unstoppable in the PL whilst others have been struggling for any sort of consistency. Guys like Hamilton and Walsh are pretty consistent on the floor but are they ever a threat to take it on TV? I'm not so sure.

If, say, you said what player could beat Taylor the most out of say 10 games then I would say Wade, so I would probably have him as number two. Barnevald has a pretty slim chance of top four in the PL and is a player any non seed should relish playing in the opening rounds of any major on current form.

Had a brilliant day yesterday, had table tickets.

Started at 11 a.m. in Wetherspoons with a Rangers fan, another Ayr fan, a Scotland fan (who doesn't support any club) and a Jambo. The beer festival was on - £1.79 a pint. Delightful!

Ended passed out in a flat in the west end at 2 a.m., fucking melted.

Brilliant atmosphere, great fun and a brilliant performance from Lewis that made my night.

That's me just back now after another afternoon session. :ph34r:

Bobby Bourn Memorial (Players Championships - Barnsley)

Fourth Round

Mark Walsh 6-4 Andy Smith

Jason Clark 6-4 Andy Hutchings

Barrie Bates 6-2 Wes Newton

Simon Whitlock 6-2 Jelle Klaasen

Colin Osborne 6-5 Mark Dudbridge

Wayne Jones 6-3 Vincent van der Voort

Gary Anderson 6-3 Andy Hamilton

Colin Lloyd 6-2 Denis Ovens

Quarter Finals

Mark Walsh 6-2 Jason Clark

Simon Whitlock 6-0 Barrie Bates

Colin Osborne 6-2 Wayne Jones

Gary Anderson 6-4 Colin Lloyd

Semi Finals

Simon Whitlock 6-2 Mark Walsh

Gary Anderson 6-5 Colin Osborne

Final

Simon Whitlock 6-4 Gary Anderson

Maiden victory for Whitlock on the pro tour - well done to him. Good runs today for Walsh and Osborne with Andy Hamilton again making it to the latter stages.

Edited by The Naitch

UK Open Qualifier (Barnsley)

Fourth Round

Denis Ovens 6-2 Adrian Lewis

Wayne Jones 6-2 Arron Monk

Mark Walsh 6-5 Mervyn King

Co Stompe 6-2 Ronnie Baxter

John Part 6-3 Gary Anderson

Vincent van der Voort 6-3 Mark Cox

Jamie Caven 6-3 Michael van Gerwen

Wes Newton 6-2 Steve Maish

Quarter Finals

Wayne Jones 6-4 Denis Ovens

Mark Walsh 6-5 Co Stompe

John Part 6-4 Vincent van der Voort

Jamie Caven 6-2 Wes Newton

Semi Finals

Mark Walsh 6-5 Wayne Jones

John Part 6-3 Jamie Caven

Final

Mark Walsh 6-3 John Part

That's Walshy's second victory of the season but what a run that was from John Part, delighted for him.

Was at Riley's yesterday for the UK Open Qualifier to see my mate play who got put out in the first round by a weegie who was oot his nut!

Seemed some decent players there though, a big tall guy in particular called Gus was dynamite. Was watching his warm up and first game which he won 3-0 and he hardly missed a thing.

Anyone got the prices for tonight's matches?

Terry Jenkins 9/2 Adrian Lewis 4/11 (9/2 draw)

Ronnie Baxter 5/2 Mervyn King 8/13 (4/1 draw)

James Wade 9/2 Phil Taylor 4/11 (9/2 draw)

Raymond van Barneveld evens Simon Whitlock 13/8 (7/2 draw)

Going for a Lewis/King/Barney treble tonight.

Surprise on the cards as Terry Jenkins races into a 4-1 lead over Aidy Lewis.

Yeah terry playing better than he has in recent weeks.Hope he dosent bottle it.Lewis makes hitting the treble 20 look easy 8)

Yeah terry playing better than he has in recent weeks.Hope he dosent bottle it.Lewis makes hitting the treble 20 look easy 8)

Sid Waddell may bang on about it a bit too much, but he really is one of the most naturally gifted players around - his 180s are just so effortless.

EDIT: It's just a pity he's so bloody inconsistent.

Edited by The Naitch

Was at Riley's yesterday for the UK Open Qualifier to see my mate play who got put out in the first round by a weegie who was oot his nut!

Seemed some decent players there though, a big tall guy in particular called Gus was dynamite. Was watching his warm up and first game which he won 3-0 and he hardly missed a thing.

In Edinburgh? I played the Edinburgh one, got pumped 3-0 off some arrogant neddy f**k, he was good at darts mind.