Darts...

Sideshow

just noticed in the PDC rankings , only 5 Scottish players in the top 500 !

Considering its roots are based in pubs, you'd think there would be a lot more Scottish players in the upper echelons of the game.

Mind you, the binge drinking culture up here probably curtails a lot of potential talent.

Considering its roots are based in pubs, you'd think there would be a lot more Scottish players in the upper echelons of the game.

Mind you, the binge drinking culture up here probably curtails a lot of potential talent.

thats what i was thinking stewarty , even our last world champion les wallace was a anglo scot , in saying that we do have two of the best players going around in anderson and thornton ( thought he might of done a bit better )

also love watching the old clips from the BDO of wee jockey wilson , such a shame the man is in poor poor health and house bound , would be great to hear from him from time to time as i am fed up with the english trio of warrnier bloodly little , rod harrington and wayne mardle who really gets on my tits especially when doing commentary !!

Warriner is alright, as is Mason on itv. Sky are probably going to enrole Mardle permanently now, which could be worse, but they need to phase out plebs like Sid and Harrington. Would love John Part to take up the mike again!

Warriner is alright, as is Mason on itv. Sky are probably going to enrole Mardle permanently now, which could be worse, but they need to phase out plebs like Sid and Harrington. Would love John Part to take up the mike again!

Spot on in everything you say. Mardle was excellent in the studio, he just needs to calm down a tad in the commentary box. Still cant get over how Sky put up with the incessent ramblings of Waddell. Part and Dave Lanning (sadly missed) were always my favourite commentators.

The wildcards should be Jenkins, Webster, Barney and Whitlock. I think I'd have cut Jenkins before his run in the Worlds, probably for Nicholson if he'd had a good tournament. I don't think they necessarily need a "villain" as I can see Anderson getting booed out of every arena.

The wildcards should be Jenkins, Webster, Barney and Whitlock. I think I'd have cut Jenkins before his run in the Worlds, probably for Nicholson if he'd had a good tournament. I don't think they necessarily need a "villain" as I can see Anderson getting booed out of every arena.

Disagree on jenkins.Yes he had a good run,but he has been in the PL before.

Whitlock, Barney, Webster and Waites is my thinking.

Jenkins had a great run of course but I feel he has had enough chances in the Premier League and someone new should be given a shot. Barney is on a downward spiral but there will definitely be a Dutch player in it due to some TV deal I read elsewhere.

Nicholson, Stompe and O'Shea are all good shouts but I think are binned because of performances in their respective World Champs.

That Phillips/Ten Berge was a good wee match. Meant to back Phillips each way at the start but never got round to it.

Waites or any of the other BDO no-marks have done nothing to deserve it. They should prove themselves against players who aren't of pub standard before they are picked over the likes of Jenkins.

You can't say Waites has done nothing to deserve it after getting to the final of the Grand Slam and then winning it the next year blowing James Wade away in the final.

That's pretty decent actually when you think that's what Anderson got last night.

This is the money list for the BDO tourney this year...

Men's Champion: £100,000

Runner-Up: £30,000

Semi-Finalists (2): £11,000

Quarter-Finalists (4): £6000

Last 16 ( 8 ): £4250

Last 32 (16): £3000

It used to be a little bit more evenly divided but the BDO felt they had to stack up the cash for winning the tournament to stop players defecting over. Not that it's worked, of course.

EDIT: Oh aye, Chisnall vs Robson has started off fairly well over at the Lakeside.

Edited by The Naitch