Darts...

Sideshow

Also saw the interview with Taylor on Sky Sports News earlier. He said he had spoken to Barney and they had made up :unsure:

Well that's certainly not Van Barneveld's version of events. He's not answered the apologetic text from Taylor and it still mightily irritated with him to the extent that he is openly backing van Gerwen to give him a spanking.

Edited by djchapsticks

Well that's certainly not Van Barneveld's version of events. He's not answered the apologetic text from Taylor and it still mightily irritated with him to the extent that he is openly backing van Gerwen to give him a spanking.

Yep clearly two sides to the story.

""I have texted Raymond and I have spoken to him and there is nothing else I can do really, only apologise for it. It will never happen again."

I suppose he says he did speak to him.

"I have not talked to him! I just received a text message from Phil. He apologizes for his improper behaviour."

Possibly has since this statement. If not, he's a lying cnut.

I thought wade was acting the p***k after losing to mvg but taylor took the mouldy biscuit. A lot of the english players seem to be absolute p***ks these days; lewis, newton, nicholson. Some exceptions of course, winstanley and hamilton seem like gents.

Hamilton? Seriously? Comes across as a total arse to me.

Nicholson will split opinions, but I love the guy, brilliant for darts!

Odds on Taylor getting booed so badly that he takes the huff on stage and walks off? I'd say evens ...

Edited by tigerton

Hamilton? Seriously? Comes across as a total area to me.

Nicholson will split opinions, but I live the guy, brilliant for darts!

Hamilton doesn't ever come across badly to me. Always seems to have the feet on the ground and never seems to disrespect anyone. His only flaw is his admiration for Taylor.

Nicholson is a p***k, but he carries it better than most.

I don't get the outrage with Taylor tbh. Barney grabbed his arm after they shook hands (why?), Taylor basically told him to bugger off and that was that. He's not bitten his heed off ffs.

Are we forgetting the two GIRUY moments, and the refusal to shake his hand before he had gotten around everyone else then? There was clearly something more to it. I suppose the arm grab ( which didn't happen btw ) was the reason for the pre-match tension as well, aye?

Hamilton? Seriously? Comes across as a total arse to me.

Nicholson will split opinions, but I love the guy, brilliant for darts!

Odds on Taylor getting booed so badly that he takes the huff on stage and walks off? I'd say evens ...

Anytime I've seen hamilton he seems like a decent skin. Don't know the bloke at all though so maybe I could be completely wrong!

I will say that Nicholson's arseholery looks very much put on for the effect of being the pantomine villain. He could very well be a nice guy behind the facade.

Taylor will be on his best behaviour tomorrow night. He'll be licking arse big time.

I don't get the outrage with Taylor tbh. Barney grabbed his arm after they shook hands (why?), Taylor basically told him to bugger off and that was that. He's not bitten his heed off ffs.

No he didn't. He simply didn't let go of his hand as he expected to exchange a few words of goodwill with Taylor as they normally do whenever they meet one another.

I will say that Nicholson's arseholery looks very much put on for the effect of being the pantomine villain. He could very well be a nice guy behind the facade.

Nah. He can't take it when the crowd go 100% against him at times. Which really isn't exactly what the panto villain is all about. He plays it up a bit I reckon, but only because he IS a c**t.

Are we forgetting the two GIRUY moments, and the refusal to shake his hand before he had gotten around everyone else then? There was clearly something more to it. I suppose the arm grab ( which didn't happen btw ) was the reason for the pre-match tension as well, aye?

What GIRUY moments? Was this before or after Barney refused to let go of his arm? I'm guessing it was after?rolleyes.gif

"Refusal to shake his hand before he had gotten around everyone else then" - FFS, have you got enough straws there?laugh.gif Taylor shook his hand, what more do you want? Some go to the officials before, some don't

There was pre match tension because it was a WC semi final between two of the best players in the world.

Also, why is James Wade escaping any criticism btw? He gave MvG a half- hearted handshake with no congrats when he hit the 9 darter (How dare he!!!). Probably because he's not Phil Taylor.

Several questions.

1) Did you even see this incident? If you had, you'd know what I was talking about, and know that both moments I referred to happened before they shook hands.

2) When was the last time Taylor shook everyone else's hand before the player he's playing?

3) Why did he not show the same animosity pre-match against Barney in their finals against each other, if the fact that it's a semi final is the factor here?

4) Do you not read this thread? How did James Wade "escape criticism"?

EDIT: Oh, and the post and pre match handshakes are pretty much mandatory in the PDC. The handshake for the nine darter isn't. MVG got more than what was needed with the half hearted handshake. Wade is a p***k for many other reasons, but that isn't one of them. Your pathetic attempt to link the two incidents is noted as further evidence of your idiocy though.

Edited by DomDom