Darts...

Sideshow

In the section I was sat, it felt like the plod were never out of it. Every five minutes someone was getting dragged ourlt, and I never saw them doing anything too serious.

Seen it kick off with a few casuals at the top of the table section, but that's to be expected really.

As for the guy that spat on Taylor, I'm not buying that it was Christophe, pretty sure I saw the offender get pulled from the crowd shortly after it happened. Whoever it was is an absolute scumbag.

Thornton was on fire, best game by far last night!

Wasn't the best night of darts, Thornton playing some incredible stuff was the highlight. Complete contrast to Anderson in how he responded to the crowd. Anderson was yet again absolutely hopeless.

I enjoyed myself but I don't know if I'll be back, I don't think it's worth 40 quid. The crowd I don't really mind as I'm used to neds on nights out etc, but I don't understand why so many people feel the need to get paraletic. I like a drink but seeing guys in their 40s/50s blitzed to the point they can barely stand by half 7 is pretty sad.

Sadly the precedent has been set with darts, ban the booze and the idiots and the prize money dies a death and the game heads back to the dark days of the 90s.

Don't think you need to ban the booze, but teach the bar staff to realise when someone has had far too much already. There was one guy in front of me in the queue at 7.30pm who was struggling to stand. No excuse for serving someone in that nick. Can't understand why someone would want to get into that sort of mess and not remember any of it. Seems pointless.

Lots of players seem to think something is up with the stage tonight because there's LOADS of players playing below par.

Yeah, Kevin Painter has been on twitter complaining that they've buggered up the measurements on the stage. There's still a relatively strong last 16 line up, though.

Here's the quarter final line up for tonight...

Mensur Suljovic v Kim Huybrechts
Wes Newton v Justin Pipe
Michael van Gerwen v John Part
Mark Webster v Paul Nicholson

If van Gerwen beats Part then he'll go above Lewis in the world rankings.

Robert Thornton is a cracking player. It was pretty obvious when he first made the move that he could become a pretty good player. Fitness hampered him for a good while but he's right back into things.