Darts...

Sideshow

Quick turnaround for Mighty Mike.  Odd scheduling, that.

Taylor v Barney though, they'll spend half the day telling you that they played great finals together in the world's. Only game I missed last night was MVG v Lewis. Anderson was far too easy & Thornton really should have beat Barney.

Pipe, to his credit, is coming into a nice wee bit of form going into the Worlds.

If seedings go to plan then he'll play Beaton in R2 and then Wade in R3. I'd fancy him to beat both at the moment.

EDIT: If Pipe makes the final then he'll jump up a couple of places in the OOM which will mean a different route at the Worlds, but don't see him getting past Taylor.

Edited by The Naitch

EDIT: If Pipe makes the final then he'll jump up a couple of places in the OOM which will mean a different route at the Worlds, but don't see him getting past Taylor.

I thought the seedings had already been determined? The cut-off for the Top 32 was last week, and do they not take the seedings from the rankings at that time?

I thought the seedings had already been determined? The cut-off for the Top 32 was last week, and do they not take the seedings from the rankings at that time?

Ahh, of course. I forgot they had already done that. With the first round draw not until tomorrow I daftly thought they were counting this event.

Edited by The Naitch

Ahh, of course. I forgot they had already done that. With the first round draw not until tomorrow I daftly thought they were counting this event.

If they had done, the draw would change in a number of places.

Going into the World Championship, I've worked out what the 'Projected' Order of Merit will look like - taking into account the loss of prize money from two years ago, while including the £6,000 for the 1st Round this year.

I'll post it up later, but Wayne Jones falls outside the Top 32...

If they had done, the draw would change in a number of places.

Going into the World Championship, I've worked out what the 'Projected' Order of Merit will look like - taking into account the loss of prize money from two years ago, while including the £6,000 for the 1st Round this year.

I'll post it up later, but Wayne Jones falls outside the Top 32...

I posted that in my C+P job last week. Wayne Jones does indeed drop down to 33rd.

You would think me doing that would have told my brain that those were the confirmed seedings. I'm definitely having a senior moment. :lol:

EDIT: Yet another walkover for Taylor over Barney.

Edited by The Naitch