Darts...

Sideshow

Manages to limp over the line, but he got a hell of a scare in that game. Who does he play in the next round?

Likely to be Wes Newton.

John won't play as poorly as that again. He was averaging 93 in that third set when throwing for the match.

Lots of nerves up there, but that will settle him down.

I can enjoy the World Championship now...

Does anyone remember that Prelim match from a few years ago that was so shit that Sky just cut away from it for some chat in the studio? This match is heading this way...

Was that not the Warren French one in 2009 when he and his opponent were averaging about 50?

That one picked up a bit though towards the end. The Prelim games have generally improved in recent years.

Edited by Davis Love III

Was that not the Warren French one in 2009 when he and his opponent were averaging about 50?

That one picked up a bit though towards the end. The Prelim games have generally improved in recent years.

That's the very one. That match did warm up a bit but Taylor's got a wee 3-0 win to look forward to later on.

This one between Wright and Cullen should be fun.

Never been a fan of Wright but he's been fantastic for the last 12 months or so. Looks like winning this one comfortably as well.

He has that.

Last year, he came into the Worlds seeded 26th. Breaking into the Top 16 from that position is no mean feat within that timescale.

As F_T_Y said, he is a quality player.

I wonder how long Wright really spends getting his hair done? Does anybody think it might hinder him once tournaments really get going? He`s really made strides, but it`ll take consistently making quarters in the TV majors to push for a top ten place.

Edited by Desert Nomad

I wonder how long Wright really spends getting his hair done? Does anybody think it might hinder him once tournaments really get going?

I wouldn't have thought so. I've no idea how long it takes, but it's almost part of his routine now.

Obviously, if he gets further into the tournament then the games come quickly, but I'm not sure I would say the hair is a hindrance.

The biggest issue he has is being Ranked 16. He'll constantly run into Taylor in second rounds. However, he is projected to move up to 15th.

Imagine the scenes if this Kiwi joker beats the sex pest. 20/1 at Willie Hills, probably stick a couple of zeros on the end of that.

Look, if that happened I'm not sure what would happen to me.

I may cry, laugh manically, fall off my sofa, soil myself, or maybe all of them at the same time...