Darts...

Sideshow

With Colin Lloyd on first tonight, I had a look back at his recent record on TV. And it's abysmal.

2013 Players Championship Finals - Last 32

2013 World Grand Prix - Last 32

2013 World Matchplay - Last 32

2013 European Championship - Last 16

2013 UK Open - Last 64

2013 World Championship - Last 16

2012 Players Championship Finals - Last 32

2012 World Grand Prix - Last 32

2012 European Championship - Quarter Final

2012 World Matchplay - Last 32

2012 UK Open - Last 32

2012 World Championship - Last 16

2011 Players Championship Finals - Last 32

2011 World Grand Prix - Last 32

2011 European Championship - Last 16

2011 World Matchplay - Last 32

2011 UK Open - Last 64

2011 World Championship - Last 32

As far as I can tell, he has lost in his first game in 11 of the last 18 TV Majors.

Aye, doesn't make for good reading at all. He has been half decent in the Worlds, though. Hasn't lost in the 1st round since 2009.

Astonishingly, since he won the World Matchplay in 2005 he has won only ONE match on the Blackpool stage.

Edited by The Naitch

Astonishingly, since he won the World Matchplay in 2005 he has won only ONE match on the Blackpool stage.

Indeed. That is incredible. His one win came in 2009 against Wayne Jones.

He appears to lack any sort of consistency now, and loses an awful lot of close games. At the European Championship this year, he averaged over 100 in the first round before a mere 90 in his second round defeat.

He rarely gets dismantled in matches, but you look through his record and he does lose the majority of the tight ones.

Apparently he's retired from playing now. I liked him. Even if he seemed to change his nationality between events.

He's beaten Phil Taylor, Raymond van Barneveld, John Part and John Lowe on TV.

I feel we should all take a moment to ponder over his influential career......done.

Gary Mawson played in a local league I was part of near Wigan. He lost to a young boy in my team, who isn't even that good. In fact, he wasn't even using his own darts, he was using mine!!

Gary Mawson played in a local league I was part of near Wigan. He lost to a young boy in my team, who isn't even that good. In fact, he wasn't even using his own darts, he was using mine!!

And that explains the retirement...

Only caught glimpses of the darts last night but Evans seemed to be playing really well. Surprised to see that he only averaged 87 though.

He missed a lot of doubles. Averages can be a little bit deceptive, and it made the game look a lot closer than what it was, when in reality Evans had time to miss numerous darts. You wouldn't expect that he'll have that luxury in future, so he'll have to tighten it up.

I like Colin Lloyd, shame to see him struggling so much in recent years. Doesn't look like getting much better here either.

He's alright. Unfortunately, he's been on a constant slide since 2006 and hasn't really picked up again. It was initially gradual, but it has accelerated in the last couple of years.

Not many players have managed to turn it around.