Darts...

Sideshow

Don't worry about Pipe he will NEVER get in the Premier League unless he is automatic top four.

Evans will be in it further down the line if he continues progressing the way he has been as his fast action is ideal for the Premier League but this is too soon I think.

Don't worry about Pipe he will NEVER get in the Premier League unless he is automatic top four.

Evans will be in it further down the line if he continues progressing the way he has been as his fast action is ideal for the Premier League but this is too soon I think.

Yeah, agree on both points. Pipe has said as much himself.

Evans, if he continues to progress the way he has, will be there as well.

That was a pretty handy first set from Richie, would love him to get through.

First PL I remember was 2007.

Taylor

Barney

Jenkins

Priestley

-----

Lloyd

Manley

Lewis (who was still a pup who'd achieved next to nothing)

Scholten

Barney and Lewis were the wildcards. Mardle and Baxter were 7th and 8th in the rankings and lost out to the wilcards. Lloyd was the number 1 ranked player. Barney was World Champ but outside the top 10 in the rankings as they picked after the Grand Prix. Changed days now.

Edited by Marshmallo

White wins the second set to level the match.

Looks like being a terrific scrap, but I do hope that Burnett wins. His resurgence from the depths of the game around 2009/10 has been stunning. He hasn't reached the Quarter Finals of the World Championship since 2003, and it would be a fantastic story if he could do it again.

Burnett totally lost it the moment he went 3-1 up. Thrown some rancid darts that slow and steady White has been more than happy to take advantage of.

I didn't see that coming. White won 9 of the last 11 legs. In fairness to him, he took full advantage of Burnett's slackness with some exquisite finishing.

But I feel that's an illustration of why it has been 11 years since Richie reached a Quarter Final. All of the talent, but there is always that sense of vulnerability there.

He doesn't have the mentality go get back amongst the elite his attitude is stinking when things don't go his way.

He will never change now but he should be happy enough to be on that stage regardless considering where he was at a few years ago in terms of ranking and personal life was he not pretty much an alky and given up in the game?

He will never change now but he should be happy enough to be on that stage regardless considering where he was at a few years ago in terms of ranking and personal life was he not pretty much an alky and given up in the game?

He pretty much did give up the game for a couple of years. He had a variety of problems, and suffered from visible dartitis for a period. He has done very well to resurrect his career, but as you say, he won't go any further due to his attitude.

Lots of talent, but doesn't have the mentality to handle difficult situations in games.

Good win for White again, that'll be him almost certainly top 16 now. Whitlock/Painter next for him which is a cracking QF draw as well. He'll be second favourite either way but not impossible for him.

He won't fear the winner of that for sure.

Considering he was a no mark BOD player for years (like Peter Wright I suppose) what a superb job he has done in getting in the top 20 of the PDC and consistently there or thereabouts on floor tournaments.

He won't fear the winner of that for sure.

Considering he was a no mark BOD player for years (like Peter Wright I suppose) what a superb job he has done in getting in the top 20 of the PDC and consistently there or thereabouts on floor tournaments.

He's had an interesting career. Lost to Phil Taylor in the final of the revived News of the World Championship in 1997, before disappearing entirely until 2005. As you say, he didn't do much in his few years in the BDO, and has progressively improved each year since joining the PDC in 2010.

It's a rise that can certainly prove to be an inspiration to many other players who are plodding along.