Darts...

Sideshow

Saw a bit of a match this afternoon and it was the worst game of darts I've ever seen. The quality is absolutely rank rotten and anyone averaging over 95 and 30% on doubles will probably win the whole thing. World champion indeed.

As for Phil Taylor, as much as I think everyone agrees ITT that he's a raging c**t, he didn't go below 100 the entire tournament and he only lost the final 7-6. I don't think he was every right at his best and he still almost won the title, which shows his class. A bit better on the doubles and Anderson would have had no chance.

I reckon it's down to the winner being allowed to call themselves the world champion.

I suppose it's the after the lord mayor's show thing as well. But these guys aren't pro. Just be good if people could remember that, rather than constantly whining about it. Edited by Desert Nomad

Calling them self a world champion and winning 100,000 might be something to do with it.

Top level standard isn't awful but there isn't anyone who would make any major impact on the PDC at the moment.

Although last year's champion Bunting has already made a fair impact in the PDC, at their biggest tournament no less.

Is there anyone currently in the BDO who has a chance of moving over to the PDC and making some sort of impact?

Green is moving and could do pretty well for himself I think.

Norris I can never see joining. Fitton is said to be unhappy in the BDO with lack of exposure but I think his ship has sailed regarding doing anything in the PDC.

James Wilson is one that will do well and I wouldn't be surprised to see his name on the Q School list shortly.

Q School?

Tour qualifying for the PDC, takes place at the start of each tour year. Only a certain number of your cards are given out.

What sort of level do yous think Kong will get to if he plays a couple of years? To me he'd be about the 30-40 level.

Top 30 would be what I expect. He could do a bit better I certainly don't see him being a major failure like Hankey.

Would be mega embarrassing if he never came through Q School he's got a good sponsor behind him on the basis he qualifies.

Aye just outside the top 32.

Norris would do some damage he has the scoring power.Who would have predicted Van de pas would do so well in the pdc after his appearances at lakeside.

Its pretty simple,you play at a better standard your game will improve.

Wilson obviously has the game but rumours on the forums say he is a bit of a bampot.

Fancy Smith to upset the fav wes harms in the last game tonight.