Darts...

Sideshow

What happened mate ? Place just full of tubes ?

Aye standard. Square go being offered between multiple folk. Drinks being spilled everywhere. Folk getting in the way of the screen for long periods of a match. Some c**t kept kicking his chair back every time he stood up and it hit someone over and over again. This was the same guy starting the Bradley Lowery and Adam Johnson chants. Old maw was very uncomfortable with it all.

Our first night was much more pleasant surrounded by good people there to enjoy the darts, put a few bets on and have a laugh and know how to handle themselves in a respectable manner.

Knew it wouldn't be a smooth experience but that's it off her bucket list so we can go back to watching on tv

I was there last night and Monday and had a blast. Met plenty of great folk from all over the place. Shite you had that experience. I met big Hendo in Popworld and the BDO ref Nick Rolls out their nut at 3am. :lol: 

My only complaint would be the toilets, the floors were absolutely soaked in pish.

Jamie were you in Wetherspoons today right on the Promenade by any chance? I seen a guy with a Dunfermline jacket in there this morning.

20 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

That's the best darts game I've seen this year. Gurney is a beast, can do it under pressure, able to finish and his scoring is frightening. Can easily see him as a top 8 player for years to come.

I think playing a fast player like Anderson helps his rhythm. I'm not sure he'd maintain that standard v Suljovic or Wright with the slower pace.

24 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

I was there last night and Monday and had a blast. Met plenty of great folk from all over the place. Shite you had that experience. I met big Hendo in Popworld and the BDO ref Nick Rolls out their nut at 3am. :lol: 

My only complaint would be the toilets, the floors were absolutely soaked in pish.

Jamie were you in Wetherspoons today right on the Promenade by any chance? I seen a guy with a Dunfermline jacket in there this morning.

Nah wasn't in there but I'm aware of the guy you're on about as we saw him loading up his car as we were leaving our hotel. 

Experience probably wasn't even that bad I think it's just about perspective. If I was with a few mates it would probably be classed as a quality night but with my mum it was a bit worrying. Fights almost happening next to her, big pished fellas falling over the place, she's not in the best condition and has always wanted to go so booked it as a surprise. She seemed pretty happy overall.