Darts...

Sideshow

Some sense restored to the commentary box with Tony O'Shea chosen as Tony Green's carer for this match.

You know what ? Get rid of Green and have the Croft/O'Shea combo.

Adams was pure pish last year when he done it though. I thought he'd have been good. :(

You know what ? Get rid of Green and have the Croft/O'Shea combo.

Adams was pure pish last year when he done it though. I thought he'd have been good. :(

Spot on - it won't be happening any time soon, though. Tony Green will breathe his last breath in that commentary box.

Edited by The Naitch

Whitlock last night was amazing, what a match it was. He held his nerve when most players bottle would have crashed, just fantastic. Still can't see him giving Taylor a close match tonight I'm afraid. Hope he can get a couple of sets at least to keep it vaguely interesting.

Whitlock last night was amazing, what a match it was. He held his nerve when most players bottle would have crashed, just fantastic. Still can't see him giving Taylor a close match tonight I'm afraid. Hope he can get a couple of sets at least to keep it vaguely interesting.

That's all I can see him getting ... 7-2 win for The Power, I reckon.

I don't think Barney looks THAT disheartened to be honest. He looks like he has more of a "might as well" look about him than a "don't want to be here". Still seems disappointed with small scores and stuff, so he clearly DOES care to an extent what happens here.

why does the commentator keep saying barney should be in the final.If i remember right he had chances against whitlock and was beaten fair and square.

I'll hazard a guess that Barney took a two set lead and should have been able to take the match from there, but like you say, Barney was beaten fair and square and Whitlock played very well to beat him. Seems harsh if my guess was right, but I suppose it's no worse than what they're probably thinking.

Which is "It's Barneveld. Who's Whitlock ?".

Perhaps fearing that Taylor will knock through Whitlock in a matter of minutes?

It is a bit shit to be fair.

I actually think it being shit is the point.

With the excitement getting toned down, it allows the crowd to be at maximum crazy for the final.