Darts...

Sideshow

Fancied Barney earlier on in the day and got on it at 2.50. Magic.

Agree with Naitch, King is losing it. Why let the arseholes get to you?

I think that's easier said than done Adam. Having been at a couple of PL events the atmosphere is unbelievable and the noise generated incredible, it must be so difficult to block that out especially when they are ALL against you. I suppose if those arseholes weren't turning up every Thursday these guys wouldn't be playing for the prize money they are so it's a bit catch 22.

I think that's easier said than done Adam. Having been at a couple of PL events the atmosphere is unbelievable and the noise generated incredible, it must be so difficult to block that out especially when they are ALL against you. I suppose if those arseholes weren't turning up every Thursday these guys wouldn't be playing for the prize money they are so it's a bit catch 22.

They are professionals though, surely they should be used to the shit that comes with it these days?

Either way, I'm not going to be crying any tears for King if they put him off enough to make him lose. :lol:

Players Championship (Wigan)

Fourth Round

Mark Walsh 6-3 Ronnie Baxter

Andy Hamilton 6-4 Kevin Painter

James Wade 6-4 Gary Anderson

Mark Webster 6-5 Paul Nicholson

Simon Whitlock 6-5 John Part

Jamie Caven 6-1 Scott Rand

Adrian Lewis 6-4 Vincent van der Voort

Gary Mawson 6-5 Gary Welding

Quarter Finals

Andy Hamilton 6-5 Mark Walsh

Mark Webster 6-2 James Wade

Simon Whitlock 6-4 Jamie Caven

Gary Mawson 6-3 Adrian Lewis

Semi Finals

Andy Hamilton 6-2 Mark Webster

Simon Whitlock 6-1 Gary Mawson

Final

Simon Whitlock 6-0 Andy Hamilton

Yet another win on the Pro Tour for Whitlock, he is in terrific form. Hamilton's run to the final included a nine darter in his Third Round match with Dennis Priestley.

Haven't watched much of the Premier League this year, but have kept close tabs on the Players Championships and UK Open qualifiers. There seem to be an awful lot of players in strong form going into the UK Open in a few weeks, a tournament which always brings up surprises.

Also delighted to see improved form from John Part this year, clearly working hard to get himself back up there, hopefully he'll have a good summer in the big tv events to help him along.

Terrific run from van Gerwen as well today .. here are the results from the latter stages:

UK Open Qualifier (Wigan)

Fourth Round

Mark Webster 6-5 Matt Clark

Nigel Heydon 6-5 Wes Newton

Gary Anderson 6-5 Dennis Smith

Alan Tabern 6-1 Michael Smith

Mark Walsh 6-2 Vincent van der Voort

Michael van Gerwen 6-3 Simon Whitlock

Brendan Dolan 6-3 Andy Smith

James Wade 6-1 Darren Johnson

Quarter Finals

Mark Webster 6-4 Nigel Heydon

Gary Anderson 6-5 Alan Tabern

Michael van Gerwen 6-2 Mark Walsh

James Wade 6-3 Brendan Dolan

Semi Finals

Gary Anderson 6-5 Mark Webster

James Wade 6-2 Michael van Gerwen

Final

James Wade 6-2 Gary Anderson

Oh, and Co Stompe hit a nine darter in his Second Round match against Big Vinnie.

Thornton is shite and after a good period he is consistantly not good enough for the PDC.

I was about to say he should get back to the BDO before he makes a fool of himself, but it's a bit late for that.

Thornton is shite and after a good period he is consistantly not good enough for the PDC.

I was about to say he should get back to the BDO before he makes a fool of himself, but it's a bit late for that.

Has he qualified for the uk open ?.

It all comes down to tonight in nottingham for the premier league stars.Jenkins v wade first match,game that wade has to win and hope other results go in his favour.Or if he draws he needs baxter to lose by more than 3 legs against barney.Baxter v barney second match,Baxter wins he qualifies,a draw would probably do unless wade wins by 4 legs against jenkins.Whitlock v king match of the night,a draw or better for the wizard he qualifies.

Taylor v lewis last match too much for lewis to do hes pretty much out of the race imo.

Jenkins v wade.Can see wade winning this comfortably maybe by four legs.

Baxter v barney.No pressure on barney and thats when he plays best cant see baxter winning here.

Whitlock v king .Can see a draw here with many 180s and big checkouts.Hope king ignores the crowd this week.

So wade,whitlock and king to go to wembley.

The draw for the first round of the uk open is today aswell nothing on the pdc site yet.