Andy Hamilton (10) v Co Stompe

Adrian Lewis (7) v Mark Webster

Raymond van Barneveld (2) v Denis Ovens

Robert Thornton (13) v Gary Anderson

Mervyn King (4) v Jelle Klaasen

Colin Lloyd (9) v Kevin Painter

Paul Nicholson (16) v Steve Beaton

Looking forward to all of those ... July 17th can't come quick enough! :D

The Heat will be worth a punt against Barney - going by the form guide anyway there is only one winner and it ain't the big Dutchman.

Some tasty ties in the first round and the Matchplay is always a bit special anyway so I really can't wait. Glad Nicholson qualified because his matches are always watcheable because of the character he is and he is likely to get some heat off the crowd after what he done in the last major.

Least we will have at least one Scotsman in the second round - Anderson will absolutely destroy Thornton.

They also made the draw for the European Championship which, incidentally, will be live on Bravo - here's praying that they don't take the Sara Cawood/Tony Green double act that Challenge TV/Nuts went with.

European Championship 1st Round

Phil Taylor (1) vs Co Stompe

Paul Nicholson vs Andy Smith

Mark Walsh (8) vs Antonio Alcinas

Jelle Klaasen vs Vincent van der Voort

Terry Jenkins (5) vs Andree Welge

Simon Whitlock vs Dennis Priestley

Mervyn King (4) vs Barrie Bates

Gary Anderson vs Jamie Caven

Raymond van Barneveld (2) vs Andy Hamilton

Bernd Roith vs Denis Ovens

Adrian Lewis (7) vs Wayne Jones

Mark Dudbridge vs Robert Thornton

James Wade (3) vs Colin Lloyd

Tomas Seyler vs Michael van Gerwen

Ronnie Baxter (6) vs Alan Tabern

Colin Osborne vs Wes Newton

Edited by The Naitch

On the PDC site it has the bracketed draw up until the quarters but it doesn't seem to show you who would meet in the semi's. Does anyone have this info?

For backing players e/w it's obviously better to avoid Taylor's half of the draw.

On the PDC site it has the bracketed draw up until the quarters but it doesn't seem to show you who would meet in the semi's. Does anyone have this info?

For backing players e/w it's obviously better to avoid Taylor's half of the draw.

The draw brackets will be for the whole tournament so the semi finalists will be two from each of these blocks - which means we could have a Taylor/King/Whitlock semi with the likes of Wade, Barney, Lewis and Baxter in the other side of the draw:

Dennis Priestley (14) v Vincent van der Voort

James Wade (3) v Andy Smith

Colin Osborne (11) V Wayne Jones

Ronnie Baxter (6) v Jamie Caven

Andy Hamilton (10) v Co Stompe

Adrian Lewis (7) v Mark Webster

Alan Tabern (15) v Wes Newton

Raymond van Barneveld (2) v Denis Ovens

Robert Thornton (13) v Gary Anderson

Mervyn King (4) v Jelle Klaasen

Simon Whitlock (12) v Tony Eccles

Terry Jenkins (5) v Steve Brown

Colin Lloyd (9) v Kevin Painter

Mark Walsh ( v Mark Dudbridge

Paul Nicholson (16) v Steve Beaton

Phil Taylor (1) v Barrie Bates

Edited by The Naitch

Baws ill be on holiday dont get back till the sunday.The second day of the matchplay.Will have to find a place to watch Thornton v Anderson, if its on the saturday night.Dont want to miss that :D

Why do you want to see Thornton getting humped so badly ?

I dont think he will get 'humped' remember gary anderson is a pub player he said so himself ;) I like watching scottish players.

Unrealated but i was singing land down under by men at work on the karaoke last night.Easily the best walk on song in darts !

First night of the matchplay looks like this

Priestley v Van der voort

Fake Wizard v Wayne Jones

Barney v Ovens

Baxter v Caven.

Paul nicholson got fined £1,000 for his reaction to getting beat at the uk open.Sky and the Pdc hype him up as a bad boy but then fine him when he,er starts being bad ??.He is on thin ice now after being fined for his behaviour before.Hopefully he can keep it cool,Would hate to see him banned.Darts need people like him.

Sky and the Pdc hype him up as a bad boy but then fine him when he,er starts being bad ??

There's a difference between someone acting the bad boy and then someone actually being an absolute bellend. TWICE Nicholson has swore at the fans after going out of the UK Open now.

That's a good first night of action. Anyone got any predictions ?

VVdV 10-6 Priestley

Osbourne 11-9 Jones

Ovens 10-7 Barney

Baxter 10-8 Caven

Some really horrible games to predict there. The only one I feel confident about is the first match.

There's a difference between someone acting the bad boy and then someone actually being an absolute bellend. TWICE Nicholson has swore at the fans after going out of the UK Open now.

That's a good first night of action. Anyone got any predictions ?

VVdV 10-6 Priestley

Osbourne 11-9 Jones

Ovens 10-7 Barney

Baxter 10-8 Caven

Some really horrible games to predict there. The only one I feel confident about is the first match.

Aye, it's a tough opening night to call so here goes...

van der Voort 10-7 Priestley

Jones 12-10 Osborne

Ovens 10-8 Barney

Baxter 10-6 Caven

The latter stages of the World Matchplay (semis and final, to be exact) will be available on Sky Sports 3D ... that'll be a nice way to round off the tournament.

I know that Walkabout have shown the 3D footie ... hopefully they'll make use of the 3D kit they have and show the action from Blackpool.

It certainly isn't ideal, but I'd imagine VdV is used to it by now, so it won't be too much of an issue. VdV is probably the only guy from the dutch contingent that I could imagine being able to deal with it.

England will win. There is no question of that. Anyone got ideas for other teams though ?

Australia have some decent players outside of Whitlock. Anderson and Thornton could do a decent job for Scotland. Van Der Voort and Barney for Holland are capable of causing an upset.

Germany have some up and comers that could do damage to the minor major players. USA ? Canada ?