Darts...

Sideshow

How the f**k did Webster get pumped 4-0 by a has been?

I actually like Croft. Its Green whos so irritating when he always states the obvious and totally ignores the fact theres another Darts organisation.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Webster throw another dart in the BDO.

Edited by MTJ

How the f**k did Webster get pumped 4-0 by a has been?

I actually like Croft. Its Green whos so irritating when he always states the obvious and totally ignores the fact theres another Darts organisation.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Webster throw another dart in the BDO.

They are both twats. Lets hope Hankey gets beat and gets into the commentary box. Hes is far better than both of these arrogant, outdated p***ks!

Wow! Just can't believe that Webster got caned 4-0. Was his mind on other things? Doubtful, given that he's a model professional. Kudos to John Walton for showing some of his previous form. Yet again it's looking really open this year.

Edited by The Naitch

Cracking darts on the way tonight.

Tony O'Shea vs. Gary Anderson is bound to bring at least ONE tremendous performance from O'Shea, and if Anderson turns it on, he could take it all the way. If he doesn't he'll be rolled over. Anderson's averages are significantly higher, but they could be even higher than that if he took his doubles. He hasn't been doing that often enough and this could be very costly.

Daryl Fitton was great against Simon Whitlock. He's playing against the guy with the second highest average of the last round ( behind Fitton ), Scott Waites.

EDIT : I hope that my PC doesn't knacker up when these games are on this time.

I don't know the first names of any women other than Gulliver, so I'm just gonna call her T Gulliver.

K KRAPPEN 0-2 T GULLIVER

Set One Score : 1-3

Set Two Score : 1-3

Fairly crappy match here actually. That was to be expected. The best thing was Trina's quality when it came to the scoring.

Over 40 Outshots

Krappen : None.

Gulliver : 80, 58, 76

NOTES

* Krappen's walk on music is quite simply not walk on music, but it's getting some people to wave their scarves.

* Krappen is living up to her name right now and is playing fairly Krap. Trina isn't much better on the doubles.

* Krappen scoring a 60 seems like a good score for her. As for Gulliver, she's scoring pretty heavily on every visit. Better double taking and she'd be averaging pretty good.

* My patience is being tested here.

* Trina Gulliver is NOT playing well at the doubles, and she should have put Krappen away, but it's 2-1 in the second set.

GARY ANDERSON 3-5 TONY O'SHEA

Set One Score : 2-3

Set Two Score : 1-3

Set Three Score : 2-3

Set Four Score : 3-2

Set Five Score : 0-3

Set Six Score : 3-1

Set Seven Score : 3-2

Set Eight Score : 0-3

I was beginning to think we were in the midst of an epic match, and then finally, Tony O'Shea decided to put everyone out of their misery. A very poor match I thought, and the only thing keeping me interested was the possibility of a comeback. Especially after the job Anderson did in coming back in set seven.

Over 40 Outshots

Dreamboy : 87, 85, 144, 60, 101, 64, 80,

Silverback : 76, 64, 68, 59, 67, 97, 60, 80

NOTES

* Some loose darts in the second leg from O'Shea when he had a chance to win the throw. Anderson comes in and gets the throw back and gets an 87 finish.

* Anderson produces some cracking darts to break O'Shea and continues this into the fourth leg by scoring big.

* First set to O'Shea, even though Anderson has been scoring much better. O'Shea has taken two of them sets purely because he was far more clinical than Anderson, who is continuing to miss doubles.

* Major trouble for Anderson at the doubles has, yet again, allowed O'Shea in to take a leg against the throw.

* Anderson breaks the throw of Silverback as Robson is dressed like he's going to a wedding yet again.

* Anderson's terrible doubles have put him 3-0 down to O'Shea here. Absolutely shocking darts and he deserves to go out.

* O'Shea seems to have this knack of hitting the doubles when it matters. He'll miss a couple and then hit the third.

* In a terrific piece of BBC direction, the camera zooms in on the player instead of the board when O'Shea is going for a 180.

* Watching those two walk out after the break feels awfully like the old 80s matches they've been showing in the "classic arrows" collection.

* Aiming for treble 20 and hitting single 2. That might be the biggest loose dart I have ever seen.

* This is almost reaching Nicholson/Wade levels of crap here.

* This is suddenly beginning to look very suspect for O'Shea as there's a marked improvement on both the scoring and finishing of Anderson.

* GREAT effort at 170 from O'Shea is missed. Anderson comes in and blows his big chance at the finish. O'Shea takes out 25 as a result.

* Thriller of a leg which Anderson takes to make it 1-2 in the third leg of the seventh set. This is going to be a horrifying leg.

Agony over.

DARYL FITTON 5-4 SCOTT WAITES

Set One Score : 3-2

Set Two Score : 2-3

Set Three Score : 2-3

Set Four Score : 3-0

Set Five Score : 2-3

Set Six Score : 2-3

Set Seven Score : 3-1

Set Eight Score : 3-1

Set Nine Score : 3-1

Over 40 Outshots

Fitton : 87, 106, 66, 91, 96, 83, 57

Waites : 110, 66, 56, 78, 78, 130

NOTES

* TED HANKEY~~~!!! is on commentary for this match.

* Bit of a non-descript match isn't it ? Don't think there's much going wrong, outside of the doubles again, but the atmosphere is almost dead. Bring back the noisy booing crowds of the PDC I say.

* That guy with the mic really needs to calm down. He stuffed up a 140 call with the Webster/Walton match in hilarious fashion.

* Fitton is scoring quite heavily but his finishing is still letting him down. He's had a few missed chances at the doubles, but the 100+ scores are flying in. Scott Waites has been a bit shifty.

* Standard goes up a wee bit, as both guys have over 40 checkouts back to back.

* I know I haven't updated this wee bit in a while, but this is some right good standard of play from these two guys now. Cracking wee match.

Edited by DomDom

David Croft is a tool. What is the problem with stepping back and composing yourself!! hes changed his tune now

I thought that was Green? Did my tits in as well.

"No no, go straight for it. Don't take a step back and think about it...."

Very entertaining match tonight even if there was a lack of quality on the doubles at times, brave fight back from the Dazzler coming back from 4-2 down to win and set up an all Stockport semi with O'Shea.

Waites looks like a Sesame Street put but I can't recall which one.

I think there's a wee hint of the special needs in Waites.

Daryl Fitton's scoring was well off, and Waites just wasn't firing on all cylinders and he would have been thanking his lucky stars had he finished that match off.

Hes a got pretty funny voice.

"He dint beat meh at daats it wur aya hockeh"

Anderson deserved to go out and slugged his way through his first two games at times. Surprised Waites went out. Hope O'Shea wins it, overall though as I said as long as Martin Adams doesn't win I'll be happy even though I've had him down to win it from the beginning.

Edited by MTJ

Did I tell you i've played darts with Webster and defeated him at 'round the clock'!? It was my finest sporting hour. A mate of mine used to beat him on the odd occassion too.

He was at Liverpool Uni about 5 years ago but dropped out in his second year. He was in the same dorms as my pal.

Went on the lash with him once, decent fella.

Adjusted my grip, and I'll be damned. 100+ on almost every visit to my board. And it isn't to the detriment to my already decent double taking.

I'm feeling quietly confident about my trip to Renfrew. Honestly not about winning, but about making a decent showing of myself and not getting turfed out 3-0 in the first round.

Adjusted my grip, and I'll be damned. 100+ on almost every visit to my board. And it isn't to the detriment to my already decent double taking.

I'm feeling quietly confident about my trip to Renfrew. Honestly not about winning, but about making a decent showing of myself and not getting turfed out 3-0 in the first round.

Im starting to worry about the potential DomDom showdown that i may face in the league next week, in that sort of form, i stands no chance :(

Mardle? What a fucking joke. He isn't good enough as has been proved before in the Premier League I would be boaking if I was someone like Merv King just now.

Klaasen will be a good addition right enough but apart from that it's the same old faces.

Mardle? What a fucking joke. He isn't good enough as has been proved before in the Premier League I would be boaking if I was someone like Merv King just now.

Klaasen will be a good addition right enough but apart from that it's the same old faces.

he qualified through the ranking points. Its sky who picks the, they are looking for entertainment, Mardle brings this to the event so, sadly, darting talent is ignored.

My bad never read the rest of the article.

I realise this tournament is about entertainment but after the walk on Mardle on the whole gives you f**k all in terms of entertainment as he will be horsed most weeks like previous PL's.

Nicholson would have been a shout as well surely to play the pantomime villain since there is no Manley.

My bad never read the rest of the article.

I realise this tournament is about entertainment but after the walk on Mardle on the whole gives you f**k all in terms of entertainment as he will be horsed most weeks like previous PL's.

Nicholson would have been a shout as well surely to play the pantomime villain since there is no Manley.

Hopefully the 3 scottish crowds can turn mardle int a panto villain but i doubt it sadly

Guest Berwick till i die

Glad to see Klassen getting a spot. I think he will be the standout guy in 2009 outside of the top 3 and I expect him to qualify by right next year. Mardle doesn't deserve to be in and on recent form the spot should of gone to Lewis for finishing runner up in Germany but with that been on ITV rather than sky it probably cost him.