Darts...

Sideshow

During the Adams match, the commentators where discussing wifes, and i'm sure Tony Green said 'I'm waiting on mine being delivered'!!!! Anyone else pick up on this?

I'm also glad that Gulliver got beat, she looked distraught after it, oh well :D

The BDO latter stages sure are producing the goods at the moment, aren't they ? Another cracking wee match, this time from O'Shea and Fitton. I had a feeling before the tournament that it'd be Silverback or Adams that won it. Adams is going to have a hard time of things in the next match though.

The BDO latter stages sure are producing the goods at the moment, aren't they ? Another cracking wee match, this time from O'Shea and Fitton. I had a feeling before the tournament that it'd be Silverback or Adams that won it. Adams is going to have a hard time of things in the next match though.

Got to agree, have only really followed it from the last 16 onwards but it certainly seems more competitive than in previous years, the crowd aren't generally as annoying as in the PDC events either.

Got to agree, have only really followed it from the last 16 onwards but it certainly seems more competitive than in previous years, the crowd aren't generally as annoying as in the PDC events either.

To be fair, it's only the Premier League and, now, World Championship crowds that could be considered 'annoying'. Just about every other venue (Blackpool, Bolton, Dublin and Wolverhampton amongst others) are invariably made up of 'real' darts fans.

Hankey v O'Shea.

Who do you fancy?

I fancy Hankey providing he plays from the start and not the 5-6 legs it takes him to start.

O'Shea, but could easily go either way.

Will be interesting to see if Hankey shows up the GSoD in November.

Ahh, so the stories of him tanking the vodka were true...

im surprised the truth came out on this tbh? I was just rumor-mongering from another forum with the original story :lol:

Hankey v O'Shea.

Who do you fancy?

I fancy Hankey providing he plays from the start and not the 5-6 legs it takes him to start.

I fancy Hankey to take it, hopefully its a cracker!!

Fairly even start to the match so far, though both legs going against the throw.

*Hankey is losing his rag with the audience and it's only the 2nd set. Doesn't bode well for The Count.

*He's recovered well from that nervy start and is 3-1 up and looks like winning the 5th set as well. O'Shea needs to get into gear or this could turn into a walkover.

*O'Shea promptly wins the 5th set. :P

*Hankey takes a 4-2 lead going into the break. He's still letting himself be 'wound up' by the photographers and the audience, but he's still in a fairly comfortable position.

*5-3 to Ted Hankey now, and he looks in control.

*O'Shea is just not giving up, now just 5-4 down. Game on!

*Must win situation for the Silverback, he's 6-4 down but he's going down fighting.

*Big chance missed by Hankey. Left on 62 to win the match he hits single ten, but misses the big 12 and gives O'Shea a route back into the match... O'Shea takes that chance with both hands and wins the set. What a match.

*Hankey composes himself and steals the 2nd leg of the 12th set. He's now throwing for the match.

*Hankey misses double top for the match, and O'Shea promptly pops up with a 81 checkout. This ain't over yet.

*FIVE more match points wasted by Hankey in the deciding leg of the 12th set. O'Shea is on fire as he nicks in and takes the set. Deciding set, here we come...

*Has to be said that there's a brilliant atmosphere at the Lakeside for this match tonight.

*Both struggling on their own throw in the final set, nerves setting in no doubt. Horrendous start to the 4th leg from O'Shea with a 15 score. This could be curtains...

*At the ninth attempt Ted Hankey wins the match and the Lakeside World Championship 7-6. Great showing from both guys throughouth.

Edited by The Naitch