Darts...

Sideshow

He may be playing like a mug, but he's a mug who is going to walk away from a minor humiliation with £6000 in his pocket.

If you're going to be a mug at anything, be a mug at darts. It pays.

I might go on holiday there for a week everytime this qualifying tournament is on. All the players seem to be absolute diddies.

Edited by MTJ

The roar when Kime hit that maximum! :lol:

You've got to feel sorry for him, as he's clearly a much better player than what he showed at least in the first two sets. Who knows, he might get back next year and show a little more form!

A very impressive professional performance from Mervyn King there. He doesn't have the easiest route in this tournament, but he is certainly showing some form that could threaten the top seeds.

I might go on holiday there for a week everytime this qualifying tournament is on. All the players seem to be absolute diddies.

Haha! I think F_T_Y alluded to a similar strategy earlier in the tournament! They aren't top class players, but surely they have to be better than the 70 averages that they are producing. The big stage must be quite a shock to many of these guys. A completely different pressure.

A solid and composed performance from Kevin Painter there. He held it together well and looked assured throughout even as Monk fought back. This sets up, what promises to be, a very tight 2nd round match against Mark Walsh.

As for Monk. He grew in stature as the game progressed, and as he gains more experience he might cause a few problems for some seeds in the early rounds of events in 2012.

Edited by Davis Love III