Darts...

Sideshow

Part vs Hendo is too tough to call as we've no idea which Part will show up and Hendo is more than capable of putting in a match winning performance.

It is very hard to call. Both players strugged for form in Doncaster, but it is very much about how John Part starts the match. If he gets into rhythm early on in the first set then he will most likely have a little too much for Hendo. However, if Part starts off badly like he has during every tv game this year, then Hendo has more than a chance.

But as always John has taken a 'unique' route to prepare. On Sunday he was playing in the Soft Darts World Championship Finals in Hong Kong, reaching the Quarter Finals. His commitment has always been patchy at best, but it has got significantly worse during the last 4 or 5 months. A lack of practice, ridiculous travelling, and heavy booze sessions have plagued him recently. Why is that? I think by winning 3 events in the first half of the year, qualifying for all the tv majors, John proved a point to himself that he could still play, and just went back into the uncommitted state that he was in for quite some time after the 2008 World Championship.

Very few players are as determined during a match than John Part, but few are quite as uncommitted as him off the oche. An enigma.

But, it's a very interesting lineup tonight and should be an excellent conclusion to the first round!

I'm contemplating a small dabble on Smiffy tonight. Had a good couple of nights the last few after a disastrous start with Barham.

I read an interview with Whitlock online yesterday where he stated he can only practice for 15-20 minutes before the pain kicks in but he will 'give it a go' anyway doesn't come across to me as someone who is sure of a win.

Smiffy is probably the best bet you can get for tonight. You're always going to get the same solid enough game with him, and if Whitlock doesn't turn up, Smith will give him a good match. Like Naitch, I fancy this one to go all the way with either of them potentially walking away with the win.

I still can't get my head around how Whitlock and Smiffy are the same age...Dennis is the oldest 42 year old I've ever seen!

Obviously we complete the 2nd Round draw tonight, and here are the potential matchups from tonights results.

Simon Whitlock or Dennis Smith vs Steve Beaton

Steve Brown or Devon Petersen or Jose Oliveria de Sousa vs Gary Anderson

Andy Smith or Scott Rand vs Colin Lloyd

John Part or John Henderson vs Richie Burnett.

I'm on Dennis Smith, Rand and Hendo tonight. Bit worried by Hendo's performance in Doncaster right enough, but the change in pace hopefully stops him throwing like that again.

Edited by MTJ