Darts...

Sideshow

Thought that dart MVG missed for 5-2 would prove crucial and it did.

An utterly fantastic match, one of the best Finals I've ever seen, the quality was bordering on ridiculous at times. Taylor is simply the greatest player of all time by a long, long way and he was utterly sensational. It says a lot about how much of a c**t he is that he isn't seen as a deity by sport lovers.

MVG had a great tournament and I think it's safe to say that if he was playing anyone else on the planet in that Final, he would surely be World Champion right now. I'm sure he'll get his chance again, can't wait for the Premier League!

Lakeside up next, is the BBC or ESPN coverage better?

small trivial point but is he allowed to be taking the board down and giving it away?? surely its better to give it to charity or a childrens home/club etc rather than the taylor cock loving commentator

He's Phil Taylor, he does what he wants

Thought that dart MVG missed for 5-2 would prove crucial and it did.

An utterly fantastic match, one of the best Finals I've ever seen, the quality was bordering on ridiculous at times. Taylor is simply the greatest player of all time by a long, long way and he was utterly sensational. It says a lot about how much of a c**t he is that he isn't seen as a deity by sport lovers.

MVG had a great tournament and I think it's safe to say that if he was playing anyone else on the planet in that Final, he would surely be World Champion right now. I'm sure he'll get his chance again, can't wait for the Premier League!

Lakeside up next, is the BBC or ESPN coverage better?

BBC and ESPN will be using the same commentators for the whole tournament so just depends who you prefer presenting - Colin Murray and Bobby George on cooncil telly or Ray Stubbs on ESPN. It's the same set up as last year with BBC getting the afternoon matches (ie the weekend games) and ESPN getting the evening matches.

small trivial point but is he allowed to be taking the board down and giving it away?? surely its better to give it to charity or a childrens home/club etc rather than the taylor cock loving commentator

I don't agree with him doing it, as no other player seems to do it, but Taylor usually does give it to a wean in the crowd or it does actually get auctioned off for charity. He only gave it to Spendley last night as it was his last refereeing gig after 34 years.

Speaking of which, Spendley will be missed.

Premier League line up announced tonight. Who are the four guaranteed? And who's everybody predicting as wildcards.

Taylor, Lewis, Wade, Van Gerwen, Anderson, Whitlock, Van Barneveld and Hamilton.

I switched off as soon as the winning double went in so I can't comment on any post-match shenanigans or cuntiness from Taylor. The standard was very high but it was a hugely disappointing final. Taylor played very well though and deserved to win the match. MvG will win a tonne of world titles.

As for the PL, I'm pretty sure the top 4 in the OoM will be Taylor, Lewis, MvG and Wade, although they haven't updated after the Worlds on the website. The wildcards will definitely include Barney, I'm almost certain Whitlock and Anderson will be picked, and the last place will likely be one of Newton, Thornton or Hamilton. Probably Newton.

I switched off as soon as the winning double went in so I can't comment on any post-match shenanigans or cuntiness from Taylor. The standard was very high but it was a hugely disappointing final. Taylor played very well though and deserved to win the match. MvG will win a tonne of world titles.

I think MVG buckled a bit last night. Not to take anything away from Taylor. I actually think he'd have beaten a top form MVG last night, but there was also some inexperience there. Reckon it could have been a closer and better final if he had dealt with the occaision better.

I don't agree with him doing it, as no other player seems to do it, but Taylor

usually does give it to a wean in the crowd or it does actually get auctioned

off for charity. He only gave it to Spendley last night as it was his last

refereeing gig after 34 years

Aye, I tend to think people moaning about this are just clutching at straws.

His attitude during the interviews was the usual from him though.

Top four are Taylor, Lewis, Wade and VanGerwin.

Barneveld will definately be picked.

Think Hamilton probably deserves another go at it.

Whitlock will probably be picked as won a major and is one of the well known players.

I would pick Robert Thornton as again he has won a major and it potentially gives them a story as beat Taylor twice. Although not as good a story given his performance in the World Championship.

Anderson will probably get in though.

Barney and Whitlock are shoe ins for PL places. The other two will be between Anderson, Hamilton, Newton and Thornton.

I'll go for Anderson and Newton to get the two places. Thornton is more deserving due to his UK Open win but they'll go for Anderson anyway.