Rugby Union

kiwififer

Bit of both tbh. Rain was intermittent. Not much wind. Lack of focus from Edinburgh. Made sure the locals knew I was a Glasgow man

Somebody earlier on thread suggested Sean lineen for embra. Wouldn't disagree. Glasgow were a shambles before he got there and he stabilised the club and massively moved them forward. Toony certainly took them much further but he had a platform to build upon. Embra actually have a good squad but need a proper direction n focus. Kids like Bradbury deans n Kinghorn are huge talents that need nurturing. Still annoyed they didn't make better use of guys like beard n fyfe.

Anyone else watching the NRL Grand Final? Sharks 8-0 up after 20 mins, but hoping for a Strom win, since I can't stand that fat c**t Paul Gallen.

Then you'll he disappointed then. Sharks win!

I thought we were a bit wasteful in the 1st half. That possibly cost us a winning bp on Fri night. 

Dragons were a bit limited tbh. Even when Brown got binned (no arms tackle IF I mind right which refs have been told not to tolerate) we still kept them at bay. We switched off at the start of the 2nd half but regained our focus when Alex Allan had that wonderful score. Great to see Corey Flynn get his debut try too.

We have lost 2 games on the bounce, had injuries and the Dragons made it stuffy for us aswell so at the end I was just delighted to get the win.

I'm going to Parma and the win is essential. A winning bp would be helpful too.

It's interesting to note that the Newport County footy fans were very unhappy as their home game at Rodney Parade was postponed yesterday.

Edited by come on shire

the Pro 12 have taken the "neutral" and "quality" refs to the next stage. Cardiff v Leinster and the ref for the game was Dudley Phillips who was part of the Leinster branch of the IRFU. And the Traviso got beat at home by Scarlets in a game that had no TMO with Scarlets taking the lead with a try that could of been disallowed due to a knock on or double movement. 

the Pro 12 have taken the "neutral" and "quality" refs to the next stage. Cardiff v Leinster and the ref for the game was Dudley Phillips who was part of the Leinster branch of the IRFU. And the Traviso got beat at home by Scarlets in a game that had no TMO with Scarlets taking the lead with a try that could of been disallowed due to a knock on or double movement. 

That's dire. It's a stain on what is generally an excellent competition. Too many matches ruined by dreadful refereeing and hugely inconsistent decisions. Scrum and rucks are huge problem areas.

10 hours ago, Swarley said:

No denying that but he's our (NSW) c*nt ;)

I hate Ennis more but was glad to see the Sharks win.

Glad they won. Just as well it's a public holiday today as there would have been more than a few sickies pulled down the Shire. 

The 2023 RWC is down to three (France,Ireland and South Africa) after the Italian bid was withdrawn. Due to Rome pulling there bid for the 2024 Olympics

Imagine irb will go for either France or sa. They'll want bigger stadia for ticket sales like the English rwc. Croke and the aviva are the only really big stadia as far as I'm aware in Ireland though they have plenty of good small to medium ones.

Imagine irb will go for either France or sa. They'll want bigger stadia for ticket sales like the English rwc. Croke and the aviva are the only really big stadia as far as I'm aware in Ireland though they have plenty of good small to medium ones.

The Irish bid has there own website with more information
http://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland2023/

Do they have to be all seating in Rugby?
If not, Ireland has quite a few 50k plus stadia

I think Italy were favourites as well prior to pulling out. They have plenty of other stadiums they could have used in Rome, and all the rest of the stadiums are in place already so not as if much money would have been involved, it is more ensuring the use of them during the football season.

I think its more a case of they dont want to be seen to be bidding on a global event when they have pulled out of the running for the olympics

Do they have to be all seating in Rugby?
If not, Ireland has quite a few 50k plus stadia

Nah all seating isn't an issue but irb greed is. The host nation basically has to bid most cash predicated on ticket sales. England had Wembley Olympic stadium st James Twickenham etc. Can't see how ireland would match France or sa for number of tickets available. How many 50k plus stadia do they have outwith Croke n aviva out of interest? (Suppose they would have the option of borrowing a cpl from other home nations which has been done on past no sure how keen irb are on this now)

Nah all seating isn't an issue but irb greed is. The host nation basically has to bid most cash predicated on ticket sales. England had Wembley Olympic stadium st James Twickenham etc. Can't see how ireland would match France or sa for number of tickets available. How many 50k plus stadia do they have outwith Croke n aviva out of interest? (Suppose they would have the option of borrowing a cpl from other home nations which has been done on past no sure how keen irb are on this now)

Semple stadium, Parc corkaigh, gaelic grounds limerick.
Maybe more

Semple stadium, Parc corkaigh, gaelic grounds limerick.

Maybe more

Maybe in with a shout then. It'll most likely come down to most seats available. Suppose the downside of rwc being such a global event is that it limits the number of Nations who could host it. Would love to see it in usa one day. Could really develop the sport there.

Eta irb does have cordial relations with irfu so who knows.

I would say that the French bid is the favourite with the Irish bid second. The South African bid has next to no chance of succeeding due it not having the backing of the South African government (both rugby and hockey are banned from hosting events due to them falling foul of the quota laws). The Italian bid would of been the favourite until they pulled out. USA, Canada and Argentina were asked to bid but chose not to.

I would say that the French bid is the favourite with the Irish bid second. The South African bid has next to no chance of succeeding due it not having the backing of the South African government (both rugby and hockey are banned from hosting events due to them falling foul of the quota laws). The Italian bid would of been the favourite until they pulled out. USA, Canada and Argentina were asked to bid but chose not to.

Would love to see usa Canada or Argentina host it. Breaking out of the traditional strongholds would be very healthy. Fully expect Japan rwc to be excellent