Rugby Union

kiwififer

Could be, I gave up trying to work it out. Just have quarters, semis and a final!

Yeah its an odd format. Would have thought obvious thing is to allow 4 more nations to qualify top two in each group advance to qtrs. If necessary have a bowl tourney for those who finish bottom two in groups.

Yeah its an odd format. Would have thought obvious thing is to allow 4 more nations to qualify top two in each group advance to qtrs. If necessary have a bowl tourney for those who finish bottom two in groups.

Ah well... Scotland fucked Ireland again; and Wales are bottom of their group.

Pleasing

the format is like it is to keep the tournament down to 2 weeks, adding another game adds another 3 days, and is probably a bit unfair 3 knock out games to decide who gets relegated each year - although to be fair the big 10 probably will do something to change it when it starts to look like one of them might get relegated one year

I think its more a case of Gray being kept fit for the Australia game than incase of a Lions call.

I would think the Australia game should see the strongest team we have, the other 2 are going to be 75% teams to give as many people as possible a start to get people used to how Toony wants the players to play. Im a bit suprised by the 6/2 split in the subs, I take it he is expecting it to be really warm and the forwards to be worn out.

It's not the out n out strongest xv we have but that's to be expected. Not seen Taylor at 15 before that will be interesting. Still not convinced by Dell either. I'd always have Reid ahead of him and dicko when fit as 1st choice. Still a useful looking side. Feedback from players has been very positive indeed about the training camps......almost to point where a couple have hinted they prefer toonys approach to vern shouting at them.

Ben Toolis gets his first start

His international career thus far is 8 minutes

He came on in the 69th against Italy and got carded in the 77th

Italy won with a penalty try

He's due a better day

He's a decent player tbf bur competition for 2nd row is white hot.

I was expecting a winnable squad vs Italy and Fiji with the strongest team vs Oz. So far it looks like a decent bet lol.

Not surprised to see more forwards on the bench. If it turns into an arm wrestle then the heat over there could eventually take its toll which could be costly. Rumour has it that Italy are resting players but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

I was expecting a winnable squad vs Italy and Fiji with the strongest team vs Oz. So far it looks like a decent bet lol.
Not surprised to see more forwards on the bench. If it turns into an arm wrestle then the heat over there could eventually take its toll which could be costly. Rumour has it that Italy are resting players but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Slightly surprised if Italy are resting guys. The pro12 n 6n was pretty grim for them, especially 6n. Would have thought they would go balls to the wall to try to get a win n restore some confidence. That said predicting Italian rugby strategy is a mugs game.