Rugby Union

kiwififer

Gutted for Doddie and his family, he always comes across very well any time he has been on TV and radio.

The "challenge" that put him out of the 97 tour is still the worst i think I've ever seen on a rugby field.

Certainly one of the most cowardly and it was entirely deliberate....not even cited if I recall but a lions guy (gibbs maybe) was suspended for something pretty innocuous eta I remember one from years back when Gordon Brown was prone on the deck and the opponent (I want to say nz bit not sure) stamped on his face and burst it open. Fair play to brown he was up and swinging punches immediately. Can't mind if he was playing for Scotland or the barbarians....eta it was playing for Glasgow v north n mid and his suspension did for his international career.

Had a quick look on the sky planner this morning for the fiji game but cant seem to find it . . . does anyone know what channel its on?

It is on the SRU website/YouTube channel

5 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

oh is it. damn right ok no chance to record it then . . . its 0330 on saturday isnt it

You should be able watch it anytime on YouTube 

team for Saturday 

DC5jdACUMAA9EFn.jpg:large

Ford becomes the highest ever caped Scotland Player 

Nick Grigg earns his 1st cap (only player to do so during the tour George Turner(Edinburgh Hooker),D'Arcy Rae(Glasgow tighthead), Sean Kennedy(Edinburgh scrum halh), all travelled but did not play)

If we win by more than 15pts  we will go to 4th in the world.

A 15pts win + more than 15pt win + draw of a Japan win (v Ireland) should see us move up to 3rd 

A draw of defeat  will see us down to 6th 

Fiji team

DC5loJ7UIAAFJmI.jpg

14 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

decent enough team considering the absentees. Was Hoyland at full back against Italy?

Taylor started at full back v Italy 

Shows our strength in depth that we can field as strong a side as that with so many first picks missing.eta of the 3 guys who miss out, the 2nd row has only had a couple of games for embra so was never likely to start. Rae n Kennedy could conceivably have been given game time off the bench but it would still have been a big step up for them. They will have gained a lot from the whole training camp and tour. Grigg has certainly earned a cap after his performances last season. Ten years ago he'd be a 50 + cap player. We have ludicrous strength in depth at centre.

Thought Turner, Rae and Kennedy would have at least got a spot on the bench, just so they could get the experience of the international game day having made the trip out on tour. Otherwise I think we have rotated all the players well, with only Barclay and Taylor starting all 3 - albeit with taylor starting one at FB rather than centre. I think we should have enough up front to win the match, especially with 6 forwards on the bench rather than 5