Rugby Union

kiwififer

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please let us ruin the Welsh Grand Slam.

Please.

Let’s not play Horne or Grigg though. That’s not a good plan.

Laidlaw is a good player to bring on to slow the game down to protect a lead but his normal game is to slow to chase a game. He can play quick attacking rugby and is probably one of the best scrum halfs in the world when he does (away to England in 2015 for a 20/30min spell in the 1st half he was quick and aggressive with the ball and we ran them close for a while till he slowed the game down again)

Guest Bob Mahelp
13 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Why is it folk hate Wales at rugby? 

Go to a Welsh home game and you'll understand. 

Oh, and Warren Gatland.

Edited by Bob Mahelp

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
9 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:
Not looking such a sure thing now...

They were never going to win tbh

Not with Glen Jackson reffing in their favour. Think Conor Murray could have done quarterback throw 30 yards forward and Jackson would have ignored it- he decided Ireland were the better team in his head and reffed accordingly. 

14 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I don’t think I’ll ever find out then. I have been to several Scotland home games though and I thought it was full of cretins.

This tweet is a good example and they won't be alone. If you read the responses you'll see Welsh fans saying as much. And for avoidance of doubt, no doubt nowadays that you can do similar at Murrayfield.

Welsh fans often say they are big rugby fans yet club and regional Welsh rugby is permanently in a state of crisis. Attendances only boom when it is the English they are playing. #ItsThePro14sFault

Was in Cardiff last year and the majority of the welsh fans were fine and we had a good laugh with them on the Friday and Saturday before and after the game, the majority, like most fans are just there to see a good game, have a good day out and if there team win all the better. . To be fair there were only a few w*nk*rs all weekend, one was Irish, there were 2 scottish lads falling about on the dance floor in the pub, and about 7-8 prawn sandwich types from Bristol that were sat behind us at the game (just there for the atmosphere, dont you know....). Dont find them anywhere near as bad as the Irish, but I think the price of tickets is stopping the average fan going, and your getting more of these nonces turning up as it seen as trendy to go along as its a big occasion

Onto Scotland and apart from Hastings and Price I wouldn't give anyone pass marks. We should have started Hardie rather than Bradbury as we had no openside to get to the breakdown first, the slow ball makes Laidlaw look even more ponderous, making Horne's job even more dificult. It really reminded me of England 2 years ago, and Wales last year where there are so many off days your never going to win. Given we were missing Hogg, Russell and Jones, we need a big performance from the forwards and none stood up. I dont like singling out Grey and McInally, but they were really quiet and as 2 of our best forwards we struggled without big games from them. I thought Strauss was ok, Dell and Bergman average, and Graham at least added something when he came on, which Toolis didn't. 

In the backs it was much as expected, Kinghorn looks like the really rally quick lad that you always just shove on the wing, who when he has got the ball looks amazing, but in defence he somehow slows down so much the props get back quicker. Obvious he doesn't want to be putting in tackles. The 10, 12 &13 should have been better as they have played together for 3 plus years at Glasgow, but the ball was so slow they never got a chance. No suprise that we started to carve out breaks when price came on.

Plenty of work to be done over the next 2 weeks before Wales, at the moment I am just glad we have already played and beaten Italy as at the moment I wouln't be confident of taking anything from a game against them.

3 hours ago, honestly united said:

I think the price of tickets is stopping the average fan going, and your getting more of these nonces turning up as it seen as trendy to go along as its a big occasion

Onto Scotland and apart from Hastings and Price I wouldn't give anyone pass marks. We should have started Hardie rather than Bradbury as we had no openside to get to the breakdown first, the slow ball makes Laidlaw look even more ponderous, making Horne's job even more dificult. It really reminded me of England 2 years ago, and Wales last year where there are so many off days your never going to win. Given we were missing Hogg, Russell and Jones, we need a big performance from the forwards and none stood up. I dont like singling out Grey and McInally, but they were really quiet and as 2 of our best forwards we struggled without big games from them. I thought Strauss was ok, Dell and Bergman average, and Graham at least added something when he came on, which Toolis didn't. 

In the backs it was much as expected, Kinghorn looks like the really rally quick lad that you always just shove on the wing, who when he has got the ball looks amazing, but in defence he somehow slows down so much the props get back quicker. Obvious he doesn't want to be putting in tackles. The 10, 12 &13 should have been better as they have played together for 3 plus years at Glasgow, but the ball was so slow they never got a chance. No suprise that we started to carve out breaks when price came on.

It's exactly your first point I guess. So many sound people but the knobs stand out! 

On Scotland you are right, I didn't know Bradbury was playing till he was substituted- and people criticised Harley last time out! The centres were good defensively but got nothing going forward due to the style of play. Had we Dunbar or Jones for crash ball then it would be different, but Grigg and Johnston are about pace and exploiting gaps which Laidlaw's slow ball was never going to give them.