Rugby Union

kiwififer

8 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Oh well, that will be the inability to cope with a fast start and defence fragilities sorted. Tom English bang on.

So far defence is much better, and the odd stupid mistake aside the attack looks mich better

Gordy Reid having a good showing so far, but Finn not having the best of games so far

Edited by honestly united

So far defence is much better, and the odd stupid mistake aside the attack looks mich better
Gordy Reid having a good showing so far, but Finn not having the best of games so far
Not disputing this, but despite hype over last couple of years I still feel we are a bang average side. Yes, on our day we can beat anyone especially at home..but on a consistent basis we are bang average

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
5 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Not disputing this, but despite hype over last couple of years I still feel we are a bang average side. Yes, on our day we can beat anyone especially at home..but on a consistent basis we are bang average

Agreed, when everythings firing we can beat anyone, when were not we can lose to anyone. THe issue is our game plan doesn't lend itself to consistent performances, and some of our players are prone to blowing hot and cold as well

We really are shite. Japan will beat us at WC

Scotland could equally beat them by fifty. They’re never going to be consistent under Townsend. It’s the choice they made - I don’t think Fern Cotton had remotely finished her job when the SRU made that change.

I’d certainly feel more confident with him leading the side into the World Cup, but at least we know Scotland will throw the ball about and play some pretty rugby.

The real problem is that the back up guys are nowhere near as good as the starting XV.

Night and day from last week. Winning and keeping them scoreless in the second half despite the line out problems was impressive. 

I thought Ryan Wilson was outstanding and he's a certain starter versus Ireland. Chris Harris might be the best option at 13 for Ireland as well. He's definitely the best defensive centre we have. Kinghorn was much better as well.

I'd still have Price over Laidlaw.