Rugby Union

kiwififer

9 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
10 hours ago, GAD said:
Fucking Leinster.

We'd get absolutely hosed in the champions cup next season. Bout time one of the two teams win the challenge cup

I agree to be honest. I'm hoping for a solid if unspectacular performance next season. Maybe the playoffs at a push, bug even that will be unlikely with  the SA teams joining.

Guest Bob Mahelp

The biggest ho-hum game of the season today. And once again we've ended up with Scotland v Italy being the joke match which goes on as a far, far away sideshow to the main event. 

Our lack of squad depth means that we have to play a man at stand-off who has never started an international game there. Who knows what that'll lead to. 

I've no doubt at all that Italy will once again put all their efforts into this game...the one match that they feel they have a chance of winning. I've no doubt at all that it will be a fairly turgid affair with Scotland struggling but eventually coming out on top. 

We may even win one of our own line-outs. 

12 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The biggest ho-hum game of the season today. And once again we've ended up with Scotland v Italy being the joke match which goes on as a far, far away sideshow to the main event. 

Our lack of squad depth means that we have to play a man at stand-off who has never started an international game there. Who knows what that'll lead to. 

I've no doubt at all that Italy will once again put all their efforts into this game...the one match that they feel they have a chance of winning. I've no doubt at all that it will be a fairly turgid affair with Scotland struggling but eventually coming out on top. 

Most of this is fair enough.

Absolutely outrageous claim in that last sentence though.

I think we will win very easily tbf. By 20+ points, but agree absolute diddy super Saturday game that noone outside Scotland will watch. I'd be surprised if Gatland even bothers tbh

Hopefully we'll be competitive next season with a full pre season behind us and the vaccine roll out meaning our plans aren't completely messed up.

That aside though we've not been good enough this season for what it is. The only way to get to the Champions Cup next season is by winning the Challenge Cup this season. We're away to Montpellier who'll rest their big players to ensure they stay up in the Top14, then at home to Benneton or Agen, neither of whom have won a game. 

As for the 6N we'll go 3rd with a BP win. If we don't achieve that at home to Italy then we've got issues (fair enough away as Italy are stuffy at home). Also, unless they're playing your own country, I don't know many people who watch any of Italy's other games. 

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's not any less relevant than Ireland Vs England (who have also both lost two games). 

The Italian scramble defence is pretty shit and with Jones, Graham and Duhan all playing I think we will get some joy. The Italian 13 Brex is relatively slow so it could be a big day for HJ. 

All our games have been close so far. Improving discipline and pressure into points are the things to work on now which are in our own hands. 

Edited by Detournement

9 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's not any less relevant than Ireland Vs England (who have also both lost two games). 

The Italian scramble defence is pretty shit and with Jones, Graham and Duhan all playing I think we will get some joy. The Italian 13 Brex is relatively slow so it could be a big day for HJ. 

All our games have been close so far. Improving discipline and pressure into points are the things to work on now which are in our own hands. 

Aye Brex is interesting in defence so hopefully some joy there. 

For me we need to start racking up similar scores against this mob to Ireland and Wales. Yes they should be respected but if we continue to struggle against them we'll never have a chance of a title win. The real acid test for Townsend in my opinion is France next week. If we don't win that we've gone backwards from the past few years and that is worrying.