Rugby Union

kiwififer

Team prediction.

Schoeman Turner Fagerson Gilchrist Skinner Ritchie Watson Fagerson Price Russell DVDM Johnson Harris Graham Hogg

McInally Bhatti Kebble Hodgson Bayliss Horne Hastings Steyn 

Having watched the Aussies recently we will get room to play but will be seriously tested in defence.

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

Team prediction.

Schoeman Turner Fagerson Gilchrist Skinner Ritchie Watson Fagerson Price Russell DVDM Johnson Harris Graham Hogg

Having watched the Aussies recently we will get room to play but will be seriously tested in defence.

I think that will be pretty close to how we go, we always do better against Oz than the other top teams, as they are so open, which plays into our hands more than of the other NH teams

8 hours ago, Detournement said:

Team prediction.

We really need to consider starting one of Steyn or McLean. However Duhan is tempting too. 

These are great selection problems to have. 

Glasgow's attacking players will relish playing under Townsend. Danny Wilson's a bit conservative imho... 

23 hours ago, Detournement said:

Team prediction.

22/23. I knew Toony would curveball me.

Ashman on the bench rather than Rambo. 

22 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I guess it's just because he wants to get Ashman capped Asap. I think McInally not being in the 23 is quite a surprise to be honest, but on current form probably fair enough. Just hope Turner doesn't have a lineout nightmare. Sometimes I think Ritchie Gray makes him look a bit better for Glasgow.

22 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Pretty spot on - to be fair I think we will go the same vs SA barring injury / suspension / being woeful then changed round vs Japan to give some of the fringe players more meaningful game time

Scotland (v Australia at the Murrayfield, Sunday 7th November @ 2.15pm British time): S Hogg©; D Graham, C Harris, S Johnson, D van der Merwe; F Russell, A Price (VC); P Schoeman, G Turner, Z Fagerson, S Skinner, G Gilchrist, J Ritchie (VC), H Watson, M Fagerson. Replacements: E Ashman, J Bhatti, O Kebble, J Hodgson, J Bayliss, G Horne, A Hastings, K Steyn.

8 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Pretty spot on - to be fair I think we will go the same vs SA barring injury / suspension / being woeful then changed round vs Japan to give some of the fringe players more meaningful game time

I could see Steyn starting against the Boks to support Hogg under the high ball. Possibly Haining to add some bulk. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Pleased with this Scotland side. Consistent selection, strong in pretty much every department, and decent back up on the bench. 

Australia were good in the rugby championship, and like to play rugby. This could well be a classic match. Can't wait.

good news Romain Poite has announced his retirement from international rugby 

bad news

Spoiler

he is doing one last game at the weekend at Murrayfield

Edited by ajwffc

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

good news Romain Poite has announced his retirement from international rugby 

bad news

Hide contents

he is doing one last game at the weekend at Murrayfield

Well. That's spoiled my good mood... 😞 

I'll probably be totally wrong, but Poite is generally OK (at least by his standards) in games between two teams who want to play open rugby, so I'm not as worried with him tomorrow as I would be if he was doing the SA game.

My viewing plans today are all the Amazon games, then the Ireland-Japan game, which I'm recording right now. I might watch that in the HT/FT breaks though. First up, NZ v Italy. The Italians have won the anthems, they might struggle now though...