Rugby Union

kiwififer

2 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

The ITV review chronology has messed with my brain.

It’s fair to say we’re allowed to moan at the ref when it’s so fundamental to how the game panned out.

You’re allowed to moan but have you considered stoicism and keepin a stiff upper lip instead?

I’m utterly deflated after that one. I mean there are positives. We stayed in the game and I think we were defensively fine. Both tries were ruthless. The scrum also did better than I thought it would tie the majority of the match. 

We just didn’t have enough in attack. Each time we had an opportunity it lasted seconds rather than minutes. Losing 5 or however many it was attacking line outs was criminal. Just as you think that particular Achilles heel is fixed. It’s been a while since we haven’t scored a try in a match.

It was always going to be a tough ask for us to go through but at least we didn’t lose a bonus point. Do we hope for Ireland to beat SA with a bonus point so they’re already through when we play them? 

Edited by Gianfranco

It was hard, it was frustrating, that's what playing SA is. We put them in a game though, and I think we were better than people will give us credit for right now, but I think we saw the winners of this tournament today. The refereeing team were a major factor wether the usual wee guys like it or not, it wasn't just the red card, there were several other incidents as the game went on where we were playing to different rules, but all in all we put them in a game, we were ok.

54 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’m utterly deflated after that one. I mean there are positives. We stayed in the game and I think we were defensively fine. Both tries were ruthless. The scrum also did better than I thought it would tie the majority of the match. 

We just didn’t have enough in attack. Each time we had an opportunity it lasted seconds rather than minutes. Losing 5 or however many it was attacking line outs was criminal. Just as you think that particular Achilles heel is fixed. It’s been a while since we haven’t scored a try in a match.

It was always going to be a tough ask for us to go through but at least we didn’t lose a bonus point. Do we hope for Ireland to beat SA with a bonus point so they’re already through when we play them? 

I'm also deflated, you know what South Africa are going to do, and they did it in spades.  

They butchered us at the breakdown, pressure at every ruck, we fronted up pretty well, but never really had a phase where we were on top.

I thought they looked tired at half time...  yeah... right!

I think there are some positives, but we'll need to be at our best, in every game now.

Anyway, cmon the Fiji!

Edited by aDONisSheep

Against a team like that you have to do everything right and losing line outs the way Scotland did isn’t going to cut it. There were positives but hard one to take.

Fiji getting into their stride now, nothing better than watching them when they are on it.

I've not looked at the schedule - do we want South Africa to batter Ireland physically and mentally so that they are carrying a few knocks and have the mental fragility of facing elimination after all the hype, or is it better if they beat South Africa by loads and we can get through if they rest half their team for the Quarter Finals?