Rugby Union

kiwififer

58 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That’s… not a player I was particularly aware of.  The front row isn’t looking too great.  

His 2 sisters are both internationals 1 plays for England, the other Scotland. He's had 2 stints at Edinburgh and manged a combined 4 apperances, he's hardly played above Championship level, was at Wasps where he manged 9 games over 2 seasons, and this season he's only started twice for Northampton, and come off the bench 13 times. He's 31 and only played about 60/70 games, surely we have someone at Glasgow or Edinburgh more worth of a call up. 

9 minutes ago, honestly united said:

He played vs Bath & Edinburgh this month and looked OK

Haven't been paying much attention then. Apparently only played 4 and bit games for Gloucester this season. 

Aye, I don't understand how rugby is refereed any more. This looks like a clear red card. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

That’s… not a player I was particularly aware of.  The front row isn’t looking too great.  

I suppose Fagerson, Schoeman, Bhatti and Nel is ok. Hepburn is fine too I think. Beyond that it's pretty light. To be honest, I'm not sure who is all out injured, but surely Kebble, Dell, Rae, McCallum, Sutherland are all ahead of this guy? Sometimes it feels like Townsend does that thing where he's already decided on his first choice and won't add anyone to the squad who could challenge them. Feels like if Schoe gets injured for example, Sutherland will come in and immediately go to the match squad, but he won't pick him now as he's decided to go with Schoe and Bhatti and doesn't want Sutherland in the conversation.

Just now, honestly united said:

Just seen that Farrell to Racing has been confirmed, probably thats him finished with England now

Mental health = swanning around on the Riviera.  

And let’s be honest, who is to argue?

Grant Gilchrist suspended for the first 6N game away to Wales. Ritchie Gray and Scott Cummings will start imo with Sam Skinner the bench option provided he doesn't start in the back row.

Gilchrist gives away too many penalties imo.

17 hours ago, Left Back said:

Quins score a try close to the posts with 1:20 left against Tigers to get within a point…then miss the gimme conversion so lose the game anyway.

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

As funny as that was, it was not enjoyable seeing Leicester win.

9 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Surprised that isn’t a penalty try for bath.  Can understand the refs view he wasn’t in from the side as the front Bath player had broken off the maul but the final tackle was round the neck regardless.

Also not sure why Bradbury lifting Russell late, then just dropping him was just play on.

Bath not getting the 50-50 calls here

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Also not sure why Bradbury lifting Russell late, then just dropping him was just play on.

Touch and go whether he was above the horizontal will be the refs excuse.

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Touch and go whether he was above the horizontal will be the refs excuse.