Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I missed him going off.  Was that another injury?    He didn't really impress.

I think so. I'm sure he's off, unless he's just taken off his hat. Looking at that scrum, he is off. Bradbury at second row.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Harris forgetting there that he was playing at Murrayfield, he should have just wellied that into the ingoal area instead of trying to pick it up.

Good stuff from Pete Horne there. Wonder who the last set of brothers to both score in the same Scotland game were. Maybe the Leslies?

Them or the Evanseses, I guess.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Ice pack on his leg was what Al Kellock said.

Darcy Graham fully deserving of MOTM, made a couple of great tackles as well as his attacking work.

Ice pack on his leg isn't a good sign.  Strauss flew off to South Africa never to be seen again, so I guess it's Fagerson.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Them or the Evanseses, I guess.

It was the Grays! 2014 AI v Argentina

Jonny and brother Richie were both on the scoresheet that day, making them the last brothers to score in a Test match since Gavin and Scott Hastings, who were on the try-sheet together three times during their career (twice in 1991 - Five Nations and RCW - and in the RWC 1995). Jonny and Richie Gray are the 21st set of brothers to play for Scotland in the same game.

https://www.scottishrugby.org/squads/scotland-men/jonny-gray

Edited by Mark Connolly

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Bradbury possibly.

Stroke of luck for us if he is tbh. It's mental taking him.

In complete fairness, it wasn't a game for the back row to show their stuff - almost all of Scotland's moves came through the backs and he wasn't really called on to carry the ball much.  He does look very athletic, but, yeah, meh.

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Bradbury possibly.

Stroke of luck for us if he is tbh. It's mental taking him.

I have no problem with picking guys on the grandparent or residency, in fact, I would only qualify for Scotland on grandparent or residency, but I can't help but feel taking a guy who hasn't ever played for a Scottish club, has barely played all season, and hadn't been capped, over two boys who have come through the system and played well for club and country is unnecessary and can't be amazing for morale. I know for a fact it didn't go down well at all at the last world cup when Hardie was brought in and Barclay missed out. At least at that point Hardie was fucking brilliant and was definitely there on merit. I'm not sure Thomson is actually better than Bradbury or Fagerson.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'd suggest on current form, even we would fucking horse them.

Yeah, I'm being slightly tongue in cheek.  If everything clicks (and it will one day), Scotland could run up fifty or sixty against teams like Italy.  They could also draw 23-23.    I can't see Italy beating Scotland any time soon, which I guess is progress.

See Townsend saying five players replaced due to injury, and all concerns. Gray must be one of them, and Toolis obviously another. Rob Harley might make the world cup after all...

Edited by GAD

18 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

In complete fairness, it wasn't a game for the back row to show their stuff - almost all of Scotland's moves came through the backs and he wasn't really called on to carry the ball much.  He does look very athletic, but, yeah, meh.

In the first 9 minutes he made an arse of getting the ball out the scrum, held on twice (penalised once), missed an easy tackle and cleared out Price as he was getting the ball out a ruck causing a knock on.

The fact he has went off injured twice in two games wasn't great either. If him and Duncan Taylor had put in those performances last week it would be hard to justify their inclusion. Which is probably why they are playing this game and not last week.

See Townsend saying five players replaced due to injury, and all concerns. Gray must be one of them, and Toolis obviously another. Rob Harley might make the world cup after all...

I’d be amazed if Thomson is fit, and I’ll also assume that Toolis is concussed and won’t play for two weeks. If five players are in danger of missing the World Cup, that was a pretty terrible night irrespective of the score.

Glasgow Warriors: Glenn Bryce; Robbie Nairn, Nick Grigg, Robbie Fergusson, Ratu Tagive; Brandon Thomson, Sean Kennedy; Oli Kebble, Johnny Matthews, Adam Nicol, Tim Swinson (c), Kiran McDonald, Matt Smith, Tom Gordon, Adam Ashe. Substitutes: Pat O’Toole, Alex Allan, D’Arcy Rae, George Thornton, Rob Harley, Lars Morrice, Cameron Henderson, Marshall Sykes, Chris Fusaro, Nick Frisby, Jamie Dobie, Ross Thompson, Paddy Kelly, Alec Coombes, Kyle Rowe, Max McFarland, Ollie Smith.

Glasgow team for tomorrow versus Ulster in Belfast. On the Ulster Facebook page at 1330.

Quite a lot of new names. Bryce and Kennedy back from Embra. Jonny Matthews is a hooker from Boroughmuir. Pat O'Toole is an Irish hooker with a name from a Bart Simpson prank call. Lars Morrice is a Kiwi lock playing with Ayr. Coombes, Rowe and McFarland are from Scotland 7s.

Nae Gibbins, Stafford McDowall, Andrew Davidson, Matt Fagerson, Huw Jones, Lee Jones, Jackson or Rozza Hughes. No Fijan back row either.

The lesser sighted Ratu Tagive on the wing.

Edited by Detournement

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Flanker Jamie Ritchie went to hospital with a facial injury, while back Blair Kinghorn and lock Ben Toolis suffered head knocks in the 36-9 win.

Forwards Jonny Gray and Blade Thomson suffered hamstring problems.